Monday, August 13, 2007

I have been visiting other blogs and realized that you don't HAVE to have a picture posted to have people want to read about your family. I don't take pictures everyday, but everyday my kids say something funny or suprisingly intellectual so I thought I would start posting some of these occasionally, first of all to remind myself and secondly, to make people smile!

A couple days ago, we were working on Luke's homework and for that day it was "say the letters in your name." He started by saying L-U-K-E and then moved on to "S". I was going to be impressed because we don't really go over how to spell our last name and was excited that he must have learned this at school. After saying the "S" he followed it with saying "DOT". There are two Lukes in his class. I just thought it was cute that he made sure that the period was recognized.

On Saturday, I had mistakenly told the kids that we would go swimming before checking with Justin and he didn't want to go that day. We decided to go to the splash park but convincing the kids was a different story. Surprisingly, Luke was the first to agree and Andrew was going on and on about wanting to go swimming. After a few minutes of this, Luke got frustrated and stood right in front of Andrew with his hands on his hips and pronounced: "Andrew, you need to listen to your mother!" I only wish that he would follow his own counsel!

Lastly, yesterday Andrew was telling me the colors of the rainbow. He said "red, orange, yellow, green, blue, MANGO, and violet." I said: Mango? He said: Yep. Mango, you know that blue/black color. I said: I think you mean indigo. He said: Oh, yeah, indigo. Well, I told Justin to ask him what the colors of the rainbow were. He did and Andrew replied: "red, orange, yellow, green, blue, um...you know that one color..." Justin said: what color? Andrew said: well, I think its FLAMINGO or something? Justin said: Indigo? Andrew said: Oh yeah, indigo and violet.

1 comment:

The Beckstroms said...

I am crying because I am laughing so hard! Keep on posting these funny stories, I love them!!