Saturday, May 16, 2009

Waves of nostalgia

Early Friday morning while at work, I put on some random lotion that was in our triage area.

Visions came flooding in of Training Table, TLAWITBAL, Hires, my maroon jeep cherokee, pep club, my first kiss, Top Stop...

High school was as vivid in my mind as it was almost 20 years ago.

Then later that morning as I was leaving, I ran into an old friend from college.

Then later that afternoon I realized my shower smelled like my grandpa's did when we would visit him in Wisconsin. Little did I know all those years ago that what I was smelling was mildew.

I guess it is time to clean my shower.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa's shower was not mildew smell. The cottage had a smell of it's own. A mix of mothballs, the Lake, out in the country.....but not mildew. I'm always having to clean my shower. Have to find a way that is easy.

Sarah Whitehead said...

TLAWITBAL!!; The workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine.; I HAD A REALLY NICE TIME! oh, dats nice. These are some of the things that always remind me of High School too!

The Beckstroms said...

I love the smell at Grandpa's! I can smell the scent now in the bathroom with the red tile and that creepy clown picture....that always scared me!!

Adam B said...

Heightened sense of smell huh? Are you sure you are not pregnant???

Mary Anne said...

Training Table and TLAWITBAL! Those were some great times. It is amazing how smells can bring you back instantly. Some study I read concluded that smelling is linked to more vivid memories than using any of the other senses. I believe it.

maxfamclan said...

Love the walk down memory lane! Funny how smells do that to us.