Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19/2010

There was a question posed by one of my favorite people about what we as mothers do in a day. I thought I would take her challenge. What I love about life is that nothing is ever the same no matter how mundane our lives may seem to us. This is my day--1/19/2010.

6:45--Up with the boys for school. Showers, find shirts, pants, socks. Get the boys breakfast. Make lunches. Sign reading logs. Practice violin with Nicholas. Throw a load of laundry in the washing machine.

8:00--Send kids off to school. Get in the shower, shower Liam, get him ready to go to preschool.

8:45--Put Liam on the bus. Wave and blow kisses until the bus leaves our street. Run inside because it is freezing outside. Load in dryer, load in washer.

8:50--Check emails, check the status of my bidding on ebay.

9:15--Get in the car to head to Walmart to pick up some things for dinner, an ink cartridge, and stuff for the  poster for Nick's science project. Run into an old friend there and am so grateful I decided to wear cute shoes and makeup.

10:00--Start working on the poster for Nick's science project. This was the day I had scheduled to start organizing the jungle of years of clothes piled up on my basement floor that call to me wanting to be sorted by size and put on shelves. Unfortuneately, this did not happen because the blasted poster called to me a little louder.

11:15--Got Liam off the bus. Ate lunch. Switched the laundry. Put on a short video for him while I quickly did some lettering for the poster.

12:25--Left to the boys' school to volunteer in Andrew's class.

1:30--Came home. Started marinating chicken for dinner. Worked on poster. Checked the status of my ebay bidding. Fingerpainted with Liam, worked on cutting paper, danced to some groovy tunes...do you think it is wrong that Liam absolutely loves the song Holiday by Madonna? Please tell me he will turn out okay...

2:30--Call from the school. It is Nick saying he has a stomach ache. I know he is totally faking it but I go and pick him up anyway. Liam is excited that he doesn't have to wear his seatbelt while we drive the two blocks to the school. Switched the laundry.

3:40--Luke and Andrew get home. Put out a fire about who gets to watch what show. NO ONE that's who...if you fight over the TV, it is off limits. That shut them up. Took Nick to his violin lesson.

3:50--Came home and worked on the poster. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

4:30--Justin got home. Yay...told him what he needed to do for the poster since I am so done with it. He stares at me blankly. Ummm...yeah. But to be fair, he did get right to work printing things out which was a huge help. Put corn in the microwave. Put the load in the washer into the dryer. I am totally done with laundry for today, too. Ugh.

4:45--Pick up Nick from violin.

4:50--Start cutting the chicken for dinner. Put the salad together.

5:05--Pray. Eat. Talk.

5:30--Dishes. Sweep. Help Luke with homework. Wipe table down. Change into scrubs for work.

6:00--Leave for work. Justin leaves to take the boys to pack meeting. Glad that I am going to work.

--Oh, and I won the bidding war.

9 comments:

RockinRhoades said...

I think I need a nap now. Love you!

The Winegar's said...

Whew - what an action packed day. I had days like that. I'm happy that they aren't as hectic now.

Malma said...

LOVE it!! And yes...Liam will be just fine listening to Madonna...Oliver is already hooked to Lady Gaga. So, if worse somes to worse, Oliver and Liam can bond over trashy women singing. ;)

The Beckstroms said...

ok, love that Liam loves Madonna!! He will be fine, he will just have some sweet sass for music. Also, YAY that you are coming!!! You guys make my year, what a great present :) Let me say also, what a day for you, I love it and you will love that you have journaled it, how fun. Wish I were there to help you organize those clothes, I love a good project. If it doesn't get done till summer, count me in! And ebay...hmmm are they the jeans mom was telling me you wanted? So fun, I just won some booties the robeez ones for Olive. Love you, hope you like this novel!

Heather said...

I'm exhausted reading. I think we really take for granite all the things we accomplish in a day without even realizing it! Your a great mom.

Anonymous said...

OK, Madonna, REALLY? I'm pretty sure I have some Metallica CD's under the bed. Its time for an intervention!! Next thing you know he will be drinking latte's and going to yoga.
Just for the record I wasnt happy that you had to work that night and I wasnt alone. Andrew wished you could have been at his pack meeting, he got his wolf patch that night and you werent there so he could put the badge pin on your shirt. Instead he reluctantly settled for me. In front of everyone we had this conversation:

Andrew: "I'm supposed to put this on mom, not you"

Me: "Sorry Andrew she had to work, just pretend this time"

Andrew: (Giving me a classic look of distain) "Duh, dad its not the same. (Sigh) shes prettier than you!"

Thought you should know!

Jer + Lu said...

What a day!! Wow-- you really are just as amazing as I always thought. But where's the nap? Please tell me you nap before work?!
Glad you won the bidding war :)

The Beesley Family said...

corinne you crack me up! This got me thinking- why do I want more than one kid... ha ha. You are superwoman!!

Sam and Josh said...

You are such a cute mom.