Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Merry Christmas 2009 from our home to yours



How is it I can take five million pictures at some stupid place like Lagoon and only 43 the entire week of Christmas?

We had such a great Christmas week and every year it always seems to be "the best Christmas ever". This year was so fun because Luke and Liam were way into it and even though Nick and Andrew don't believe in Mr. C, it is fun to see them play along for the younger ones. I figure this is one, if not the last, of the Christmases that Luke will believe in the jolly old elf and I relished every minute.

On Christmas Eve we celebrated at my Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Robert's house in Bountiful. At around 9:00 pm someone had a santa tracker pulled up on the computer. Luke came rushing into the living room and yelled with great urgency in his voice: "Mom! Santa is in NORTH AMERICA. We have got to go RIGHT NOW!" Then as we were driving home we saw "Rudolph" (cue airplane) heading north, the opposite direction from our house. Luke then said: "Oh geez, I hope they turn back around! We have to hurry!"

This is my favorite time of the year. There are many fun times during the year that I get excited about, but Christmastime just makes me happy. There is more thinking of others, family time, the beautiful lights and decorations...all so fitting to commemorate the birth of our Savior.

Here are also a random quote from Liam to start off the New Year:

I was cooking hamburger for dinner a couple nights ago and Liam came over to watch. He looked at it and said: "Ew, is that bwood?"
Me: "Yes, hamburger is from cows."
Liam (mulling it over): Why did you go to the farm to get this?

4 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Reading your blogs I go from crying to laughing to crying. I love you and your boys (Justin included in the boys). I just have to have my "fix" of your blogs or being with you every day.

Here And Happy! said...

Oh, Liam! How adorable. The photo of your boys at the top of this blog is priceless. I'm glad my little granddaughters have such an amazing aunt, uncle and cousins--I love to read about your family.

Mistie said...

seriously all your kid's smiles melt the heart! Especially litle Liam - his smile just makes me smile. And Nicholas looks just like Justin in this picture.

The Beckstroms said...

I LOVE and miss, miss, miss you all! It kind of makes me sick to think of how much I miss you guys. Ah, I hope to see you soon or be in Utah ALL summer...pray for us! The boys are too cute and seriously they were "my" kids before I had my own. I have always cherished all of them, they have always had such a place in my heart.