Thursday, June 16, 2011

This has been sitting in my edit box for a while.

We have been quite busy enjoying summer. Baseball games, being barefoot, eating otter pops, the endless amount of end of school activities, soccer games, swimming, showing off our bronzed skin, smelling like coconuts, building forts, trying to soak in every last bit of sunlight while it lasts.

I have so many things to blog about that I was getting a bit overwhelmed. I had such good intentions of blogging everyday and but I was not very motivated as the pictures and thoughts started piling up. But, I realize that even just weeks from now I will be glad I took the time to sit and record what is going on in our lives.

So...to begin.

My sister and her cute family were here from D.C. while my brother in law was doing part of his internship here in Utah. They will be back at the end of the summer which will be awesome and we will be able to see them for a bit when we are back east in July. We celebrated Caroline's birthday party, a family party for Luke, and Liam was able to show off his beloved planetarium to his cousins.

Luke decided on a Transformer theme for his birthday party. He wanted a cake with an autobot and a decepticon on it. Thank goodness for my mom who helped me put the decorations on. He wanted me to go to the "place that did my Indiana Jones cake" but I didn't want to spend a ton or drive to Salt Lake just to pick up a cake. I think that it turned out pretty cute.



Then there was the present opening, playing outside, and enjoying each other's company. I didn't get everyone there which I need to be better about. There was quite a bit going on that weekend so my family was there along with Lee and Sylvia.













It was a perfect day to go to the planetarium because of the torrential rains that were happening outside. Once we got inside, Liam put his little arm around Caroline and showed her around.


Ummmm, I think these two are related. Look at their faces...exactly the same and totally unprompted.



Olive's picture pose.







We can't wait to see them again in July!

2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Yay!!! A new blog but like you said you have done a TON and I can see how that would be overwhelming! It's always fun to be with you and the boys. Isn't that picture of Justin reading to Caroline just darling?! He would be a great dad to a girl. But I guess he'll have to be a great uncle instead.

The Beckstroms said...

Ok, Olive's face in that last picture is cracking me up! She looks a little unsure of her situation. We had so many fun times in those few weeks, and can't wait for more, starting in Cooperstown!! That is going to be great! I also love J reading to Caroline, oh, that is sweet. And C said, "Look, Uncle J! That was so fun." We love you guys!