Monday, April 1, 2013

*mundane, but important, moments*

I feel like there is not much going on in our lives right now so I haven't been too diligent about blogging. But as I started looking through my pictures on my phone, I began thinking I better start recording even the seemingly mundane aspects of the day to day because one day when I am old and gray (well, gray-er), I will want to remember everything I can about these precious moments because lets be honest. I have the worst memory of anyone I know and if I don't write things down, I forget them almost instantly. Supposedly there is an article that states that because my memory is poor now it does not necessarily mean I will have Alzheimer's later on...let's cross our fingers. (Kate, have you found that article?)

So here goes.

Luke and Andrew participated in their school science fair. I was a bit overwhelmed at the thought of doing two science fair projects because if history repeats itself, I would have been doing the brunt of the work. But Luke and his friend worked on their project all by themselves--to see which kind of mentos make the biggest geyser in diet coke-- and even put the poster together without any assistance from a parent. Andrew in true form, waited until the very last minute and Justin and he put together a very nice project in a short amount of time. In fact, it was so nice it won the best in his class and he received a distinguished "Best in school" ribbon which he is very proud of. Even though it is technically Justin's.



We were watching an episode of one of our favorite t.v. shows--The Big Bang Theory--and there was a scene where Penny says something to Leonard while she is crying. I had to rewind it and I still could not figure out what she was saying and I voiced that out loud. Luke looked at me and repeated verbatim what she had just said. I asked him how he could understand what she was saying and he just gave me a little smirk and pointed at me. At least I am giving my boys good practice on how to understand their wives better.

There was a note left on Liam's door saying he needed some alone time. He was having a hard time figuring out how to finagle one of his transformers back and forth. It says: "Please don't come in. I am frustrated because Ironhide is hard."


I came home from work one morning and Liam looked a little weird. I was tired so I brushed it off until I went into the bathroom. I noticed that there was gel everywhere in the sink and there were black marks all over the counter. I went back out to talk to him and noticed his hair looked wet-I am not exaggerating when I say he had used a quarter of a large bottle of gel in his hair-- and his eyes and temples had black smudges on them. He said he did his own hair in a mohawk and despite his emphatic denials that he had not dabbled in my mascara, the evidence proved otherwise. I actually have dreamed about putting mascara on those long lashes of his, he looked lovely. And yes, I had him go to school like that.





Baseball started. We are already knee deep in it after two tournaments and heading down this morning for a third. I will be sad when this chapter of our lives is over. I hope one of the other boys wants to be this involved in baseball so we can keep it going.



Poor Andrew watched his beloved 49ers lose the Superbowl.

Liam got a new, albeit a worse, eye prescription. He got some pretty sweet new glasses out of it though. When we went to go pick them out, he chose this pair almost immediately, grabbed them, and yelled: "These. are. AWESOME!" I wasn't sold on them when I first saw them but my feelings were quickly swayed in the other direction because of his enthusiasm. And I have to admit, they look pretty darn cute on him.



I tried yoga for the first time.

Saw a few movies--thumbs up for Rise of the Guardians, thumbs down for "Oz."

Luke had a fun basketball season. He is also taking ski lessons through the rec center up at Brighton. He rides a sweet bus that picks him up from school and drops him off on Friday afternoons. He has loved it. I am kicking myself that I didn't just sign Andrew up even though he said he didn't want to do it. I think it would have been good for him. Oh well, next year.



We had fun snuggle moments.




Valentines day was low-key and nice. The younger two made boxes. Andrew said he was too old to make one. We had a nice dinner of chicken parmigiana and had delicious fondue for dessert with the good chocolate from Orson Gygis.



Liam calls Hawkeye from "The Avengers" hot guy. In his defense, Jeremy Renner is pretty easy on the eyes.

Liam and I went to the park to celebrate the first warm day we had experienced in weeks. It was so refreshing!


Luke finished phase 1 of his orthodontic treatment. He just has two more baby teeth to lose and then he can get started on phase 2.





Liam is getting pretty strong. He beat my dad in an arm wrestle.


I have started Les Miserables. It is worth every single one of it's 1228 pages. I love it.


Nick has officially passed me up in height. He is super proud of it too.


So many selfies on my phone from this guy. Every single one of them make me smile.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

I love the mundane and to catch up on what you all have been doing. You have a full and rich life.