Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Like I said, it is good he's so cute.

Okay, it is not all HIS fault. It is not fair that all the days run together when you are six years old and when your teacher says that Monday is your last day of school, you don't think it is a week away on Monday. It is also not fair that your mom's patience runs out by about noon the following day after a night shift and she is trying to convince you that really, you do have school TODAY, on TUESDAY (thinking to herself she needs to have a chat with the teacher about speaking in future tense...).
He was dawdling all morning, watching T.V. in his p.j.'s. I finally got him in the shower and when it came time for lunch is when it all came apart. Since he was convinced he didn't have school, he would not tell me what kind of sandwich he wanted. It was coming close to the magic time of departure and I began getting frustrated. I kept asking and asking and he kept mumbling some sort of choice but I could not understand him. Finally, he tried making his sandwich himself. The peanut butter is quite low and he could not get any on his knife so he finally asked me for help. I made a sandwich for him and he sat on the couch and ate it. I thought that all was well. I let him watch T.V. for a few more minutes and then announced it was time to go. He started throwing a fit and yelled: "But I didn't get any chips!!!" Oh, geez. I was at the end of my rope and felt my blood boiling beneath my skin. I stated quite sternly: "Luke, you drive me CRAZY!" Luke just looked at me with the sweetest smile and said: "I know."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He makes me laugh!! So I hope that
he is ok now and realizes that he
only has a few more days. I feel for you with the frustration.

Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandie said...

It's hard not to love a kid with attitude! Luke stories always make me smile!

Adam B said...

Nice Luke...Nice!