Monday, June 23, 2008

Whoa.

This is the LONGEST I have gone without posting for a while and it feels wierd. I have had a lot going on and blogging just seemed overwhelming. But I have missed my "journaling" and I have a lot that I am grateful for in the last week! (I cannot believe it has only been a week since Father's Day--it seems like a month to me!) Sooooo, here goes a humungous list of things I am grateful for to make up for the last 7 days...

1. My husband. Happy late Father's Day! He is a wonderful dad and husband. He really is doing so much right now and still makes time to be with me and the boys. He is just as crazy as the kids and always seems to have a great time anywhere with them. Thank you for all you do!

2. My dad. He is amazing and I love how patient he is. I think that is one of my favorite qualities about my dad along with the way he can make anyone feel comfortable. He is Liam's favorite person and my dad never seems to get sick of having a very high maintenance 2 year old always attached to his hip.

3. My father in law. He is a very gracious person and I love how excited he gets when our boys are playing sports. He comes to many of their games to cheer them on and we love it!

4. My sister is going to have another BABY! She just announced it tonight and we are so excited to have another niece or nephew!

5. My brother in law Adam! His birthday was on the 22nd :). He is always willing to help us out and such a great example to my boys. We just love him!

6. My niece, Caroline. She just turned ONE on the 15th and she is such a sweetheart. She is very smart-she loves baby signing time and already knows a few. She is just cruising all around holding onto furniture and it won't be long before she is walking everywhere! She will be the best big sis ever!

7. The way Liam says: "Hello, mommy" when he wakes up in the morning.

8. That it is finally SUMMER!

9. There is a pool within walking distance of my house. It will be awesome to not have to spend money A) to go to a public pool and B) that I will hopefully save money on gas by not driving to a pool. The boys love the water and I know we will be there A LOT. If anyone wants to join us, let me know!

10. That my husband is not my first cousin.

11. finding a cute, modest swimsuit for under $100--it's true!

12. wildflowers

13. popsicles-there really is nothing better on a hot day and they are so cheap!

14. warm summer nights with friends and family just hanging out in the backyard

15. tweezers

16. that I am not lactose intolerant--there are just too many good things made with milk!

17. key lime things--my top three are the key lime pie from the Dodo, key lime shakes from Arctic Circle, and key lime gelatto from Dooners

18. Down East Home--it is an outlet type store and I LOVE it. Usually I just go to look, but in the last week I have found two pair of darling shorts for super cheap and a duvet cover for Nick that is the one he has been eyeing for months in the Pottery Barn Teen catalog. I am soo glad I waited to buy it!

19. the way Liam's toes scrunch up when he is trying to keep his flip flops on

20. Online bill pay

and lastly...
21. The photographer we have been going to forever. She is adorable and does great work. Her link is on my blog if you want to check her out and under "online proofing" click on "Corinne's picture party" (btw my name is spelled wrong but oh well) and you will see such cute pictures of my boys! They are the first chunk of pics and I LOVE them! Thanks McKenzie for always doing such a great job!

2 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

Thanks for making us feel so special. We love that your family is part of our family! We can't get enough of your kids and the funny things that they say and do. We can't wait for California!!!

Adrianne said...

I agree with so many above!! and I just checked out the pictures they are darling!! And one day we will have to come down and go swimming that would be lots of fun!