Saturday, September 6, 2008


On August 16th we had the opportunity to see an original copy of the Declaration of Independence at the Utah State Capitol.

It was quite a spontaneous decision to go...we saw an advertisement for it in the previews to "The Clone Wars" the night before. Oh my, the wait was LONG, I think we waited 2 hours and 15 minutes to see it.

Luckily, there was a ton of room for the boys to run around, stairs to climb, and even an elevator that we went on a couple times. Grandpa was a good sport and took frequent walks with each of them.

The capitol building was beautiful though, I haven't been in it since the renovation. All in all, it was a good experience and it was pretty cool to see a piece of American history.

1 comment:

The Kleins said...

Wish I'd heard about this. My great... uncle signed it. That would have been really cool.