Monday, September 15, 2008

The ripple effect

Tomorrow marks the month "anniversary" of the plane crash of the Nielsen family. This is significant for me in that even though I do not personally know this family, I have been deeply impacted by not only their accident, but their everyday lives.

Stephanie is a remarkable woman. I read through her blog thoroughly after the accident and was inspired by her love of her children, her husband, and the gospel. She frequently has a "spiritual enlightenment" link on her blog that has talks and other gospel related subjects to read or print out or whatever. Her blog has obviously has left a mark not only in my life, but thousands of others throughout the world.

This is one woman. She probably didn't have the intent of starting a blog and becoming such an inspiration. In the past month, I have been more patient, read my scriptures more often, spent more quality time with my family, I think I have only yelled at my kids once, and feel more at peace with myself, my marriage, and my relationship with my Savior. I know that I had the intentions multiple times to improve myself but things seemed to always come up, and her accident put my life in perspective for me. Again, this is one woman that over the past month that others are stating did the same thing for them. What an amazing phenomenon. I want to be such a person that positively influences someone and pushes someone to be their absolute best. I know that I am not a bad or terrible person, but I know that I can be and do so much better. It is terribly unfortunate that this happened to the Nielsen family and I feel indebted to them because it woke me up and made me realize what is truly important.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference this family has made. Because of them, I hug my kids a little bit tighter and try to be more patient and kind. Thanks for your great example- I am sure that you are having a ripple effect on those around you as well.