Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A ton has happened in the last 2 days. A lot. I will post pics later because I have much to document but I wanted to jot down a couple things and then when I have a minute this weekend I will add the pictures.

September 1 was Liam's 3rd birthday! He was so cute and SO excited for his party. The theme was Little Einsteins and all day he would say "birthday...party?" like, WHEN is this going to happen? He got a kitchen set and TONS of food and some fun magnetic games and books that have been a ton of fun to play with. We are so grateful for Liam! He is such an adorable creature, such a special member of our family!

Yesterday...has it really been only a day? The boys started school and they all had a fabulous day. They all looked so handsome in their "uniforms"-not an acutal uniform per se but they go to a charter school and are restricted to certain articles and colors that they are allowed to wear to school. I love being able to walk them to and from school since it is just down the street.

My cute nephew Ashton's birthday was yesterday and we went to his party in the evening. It was ADORABLE (great job, Mistie!) and pirate themed, perfect for the boys. There was a treasure hunt and swords, tattoos, bandanas, pizza, cake, ice cream...everything you could possibly want in a party! We are grateful for Ashman and what a good boy he is and that we were able to have a birthday party in Utah!

As we were getting ready to go, the boys were playing at the park. I told them to get in the car and Luke told me he just wanted one more turn on the monkey bars. All right, I said. The next thing I knew, Luke was crying and yelling "My wrist!, my wrist!" and running toward me with his hand hanging at a wierd angle. Yup, he broke both his bones in his lower arm. Justin took him to the ED at Alta View hospital because it was closest and Luke is doing well. He was so brave and I loved hearing him retell his experience in the ED. He said "the doctors told him his arm was like this (imagine him drawing a "V" in the air) and putting a cast on so it could be like this (imagine him squishing his fingers from open to close). I asked him about the IV he got and he stated "it didn't even hurt. They gave me water (IV fluid) and then put pressure on it." He stayed home from school today and we have watched all the T.V. he has wanted and eaten a Happy Meal. He really has gotten into the spirit of being pampered--he has asked me to scratch his leg a couple times even though he was fully able to reach the itch with his good arm and having me feed him grapes. He is disappointed because it is not a colored cast yet but that will come next week! We are doing well and are grateful that it was only his arm that was hurt.

4 comments:

The Kleins said...

Oh my gosh! Cooper is a crazy monkey bar boy. He can't wait to see pictures.

Mistie said...

I am so glad he got his arm fixed all right. I get the chills even thinking about it. I am so sorry that happened. And btw- Liams party was SO cute as well. I'm glad we are here for things like that now!

Adrianne said...

oh no! see what just one day can do- your house won't ever stay quiet for long. Bummer that he broke his arm- glad to hear that it was easy to fix!

Malma said...

Poor wrist! Good thing he was so tough about it! Sounds like Liam had an awesome birthday too...so exciting!