Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nick's football debut



I could see the wheels turning in Justin's head, his eyes gleaming with excitement. Justin played football into college and when the announcement was made in the delivery room of "IT'S A BOY!", I knew that serious plans were being laid out in his mind.

I always knew it was coming but it was a long way off, right? I was even more thrilled when Nick turned eight and Justin said that he didn't want the boys playing football until they were ten. Two more years to stall, two more years before my oldest gets the pants kicked off of him, two more years will take an eternity to pass.



              I found these awesome shirts at Walmart to show our
                       team spirit! What a cute cheering section!

Fast forward a quick two years later. On the day of the first practice, I asked Justin "You are just dropping off Nick off and will be home in a minute?" He looked at me and said "No, babe. I'm coaching. I will be there the entire time." Every night and Saturdays for a month.

 (above): Justin looking very official doing his coaching duties.


I got my toes done in their colors...hey, there has to be a girl in this house somewhere!


I only made it to a couple of the practices because of work and most of the time I was chasing after Liam so I wasn't watching closely and I wasn't sure how I felt about my son going after a defender with such determination. Well, I quickly got over it and absolutely love it. Baseball is okay but really, it doesn't compare to the energy and excitement of the football games.


Totally bugged with me that I am taking his picture. Nice game face!

Nick making an awesome catch!


Thanks for everyone who has come out to support him! It is fun to have a cheering section.

I am a couple weeks behind. They played and beat Granger on the 5th and we just beat Kearns yesterday. Yay and GO SILVERWOLVES!

6 comments:

maxfamclan said...

ooooo, I do love football. I mean I LOVE football. I am very jealous of all your cute boys and that you get to go and watch them and cheer for them. Don't get me wrong, love the dancing thing too, but football will never be more then a true spectator sport for me.

The Kleins said...

Wow! He cannot be old enough for football already. I hear it's expensive. Good luck this year!

Whitney said...

Whoo-hoo! That's so exciting! I bet Justin WAS super excited to see him play!

Justin Scott said...

How awesome is it to watch your child, one who fit in the crux of my arm like a football, score his first touchdown!
It is surreal to think not long ago your mom and I were teaching you to walk and now your running with the big dogs. I love you smokey and am so proud of how hard you have worked already this season! Keep it up and you will be the champion you dream of becoming!
Go Wolves!!!

Dad

Nice blog babe this is so great! I love that football has finally become somewhat understandable and you can tolerate the insanity! Soon you will be spending your Saturdays doing nothing but watching the crazy game! Funny the one thing you hate about fall is my football fetish and now you are chest deep in it.
Love yah! Hee Hee!

The Beckstroms said...

Go Nick!! Wish we could've seen your catches and touchdown. You look like a stud. Hopefully we'll be there sometime during seasons in the future to watch some games. Go Silverwolves!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to go to Nick's game. He did an awsome job and he is a natural. It was fun too to see Justin in his element. You could tell he was in 7th heaven. I'm glad that they can share that experience together.

Mom