Saturday, September 19, 2009

Utah State Fair 2009

On Monday I was in heaven.

I even braved a monsoon to get there and dragged my family with me.

For this:



all you can eat ice cream baby.

It is my most favorite day of the fair. I love ice cream so much and this day is especially fantastic because there are multiple vendors that you can sample their delicious treat for a nominal entrance fee. My favorite this year was "Bull Tracks" by the good folks from USU.








After we gorged ourselves, we walked around to look at all the animals. Even though there were many lovely animals there to look at, no matter where we were, the boys were most interested in this:


Then we went into the bunny tent and there were some nice breeders there that let the kids pet their bunnies.




They begged me and begged me to buy one of the rabbits that were for sale but considering the fact that we have killed off two hamsters since Christmas, I didn't think this was the best idea.

Then we went on the search for a deep fried pb&j. We couldn't find the hut that was dedicated to deep fried food so I guess my arteries will stay open for another day.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

That's always a fun time at the Fair. I'm glad that it's become a tradition. And I'm glad that I only went to the Ice Cream social once this year instead of the 2 times I have gone in the past. I love ice cream but enough is enough.