Saturday, June 26, 2010

the next chapter

In the midst of all of our adventures this weekend, Liam graduated again from preschool. Even though he attended the same preschool with the same teachers for the second year in a row, he truly graduated because he will not need any services for speech and occupational therapy anymore and so can now go into mainstream school. Most of his classmates will be going to kindergarten next year and although that is where Liam thinks he is going, he will be held back one more year since his birthday is the day of the cutoff. Hopefully going to a new preschool next year will make it seem like he is in kindergarten! I will miss his teacher, Miss Kirsten, and her aides...it is truly evident they love what they do and have worked so hard to get Liam to where he is today.

They had a little program where the kids sang three songs and then there was a slide show of the past year. I think slide shows should be banned. Or else just have a boring silent one where there is not music about letting your kids be little and that they grow up too fast be playing in the background. It is just asking for a huge waterfall to start from my eyeballs. Don't get me wrong, I am loving this stage in my life and that Liam is growing up to be such a fun little being, but I just can't believe that my baby is big enough to technically be in kindergarten.





showing off his certificate

Liam with Miss Kirsten and his speech therapist Jackie




I absolutely adore this little boy. I hear all the time, even from perfect strangers, that he is the happiest little boy. He loves to cuddle with me and hold my hand everywhere we go. He sings all the time. His favorite songs are primary songs and quite frequently as we walk the aisles at the grocery store he is singing one at the top of his lungs. He is also obsessed with the name game. He gives the best hugs. He is very curious and asks a million questions about how things work. He still asks questions about space. His latest one was "Why does the Earth spin around in a circle?" He loves to count, read stories, watch "his shows", take baths, dance, and play with my cellphone. He has a contagious laugh and laughs often. I am so glad he is still my little boy and I am so excited for all of his adventures to come.

6 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

I wish that all moms who have children born "at the end of the world" as one once called it (near the deadline for school)had your wisdom and foresight. I've never heard a parent yet who regretted waiting for those little latecomers to mature that one...more...year! I can speak first hand for the fact that teachers sure do appreciate it. It makes it so much easier to give that little one a success experience in Kindergarten!

The Winegar's said...

Its hard to imagine that Liam wasn't supposed to be able to walk and talk. You'd never know it now. He IS a loveable little boy and is so full of life and he is living every moment to the fullest!! I love him so much and he is one of the best grandsons. He is so fun to have around.

Marilynn said...

I can relate to your feelings - geez, my baby boy just turned 29. Where do the years go?! Enjoy those cute little men in your house! Soon enough they'll be big men...

Sandie said...

I cannot believe he is that big. Time really does fly...and he is so stinking cute!

maxfamclan said...

Your baby!!! he is so very adorable

The Beckstroms said...

Yay Liam, you look so cute in your pics!! What a little love, I do love how he always comes and gives the greatest hugs EVER! And I am laughing out loud because on Sunday he was doing the name game to everyone and it was hilarious. We love you!