Wednesday, June 30, 2010

new hardware

I wish I could say that I was putting new knobs on my kitchen cupboard doors or putting some fancy new appliances in my kitchen or laundry room. Instead, I am paying an orthodontist an insane amount of money to do that for his own house.

Nick and Andrew had their orthodontic consultations last week and Nick was the first victim today and Andrew starts the long journey to a beautiful smile on July 12. I think Andrew's smile alone will buy the good doctor a brand new Mercedes.

But it is worth it. I had braces and am so happy that my parents sacrificed their hard earned cash to give me a beautiful smile. Now if I just had that beautiful face to go with it.

Nick will have his braces on for about two years which means he will get them off right before eighth grade. How great is that? Junior High is the most awkward part of growing up in my opinion and he will be a smokin hot babe before he even leaves there. I wish I could scan my eighth grade picture on here. Short, tightly permed hair, braces, an oversized hot pink shirt. And I wondered why the boys weren't knocking down my door.

Here is the handsome hunk before the transformation process has begun:


Ahhh...the price we pay for beauty. He looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. I told him this is a great blackmail picture to show his future girlfriend.


He was such a good little patient. He did not move a muscle while he was laying in the chair except once to itch a little spot on his leg with his toe. He would giggle as much as he could with that huge apparatus in his mouth while the orthodontist was putting on the brackets.


All finished!He chose dark green and white elastics because of his baseball team's colors. Bring on the next two years.


5 comments:

The Winegar's said...

He's going to look more awesome than he already does. Look out girls and mom and dad. Hahahaha
Hey, what is this that you don't have a pretty face to go with your orthodontic work? I think you are beautiful!! (I would say that even if I wasn't your mom.)

maxfamclan said...

It is so worth it, but thank you for the reminder that I need to start saving! That alone may require its own job! If they get your smile it will be worth every penny! (love the mercedes comment ;)

The Beckstroms said...

I love how you write! This was making me laugh so hard. And second, you are so so beautiful! I know you will be embarrassed by people commenting on that, but truly you are so photogenic and gorgeous. Nick looks great and I hope that he can eat today :)

Jer + Lu said...

You totally crack me up! I love your commentary. I agree, money well spent. Now you HAVE to post your jr high pic-- I"m dying to see it! And OMG Corinne- you have the most beautiful face ever to match your perfect smile :)

Here And Happy! said...

Ah, memories! I think braces are smokin' in their own right. Way to rock the look Nicholas. And Corinne, for Caroline and Olive's sakes, we're glad every day that Andrea looks like you...whatdyamean "too bad"? You're gorgeous!