Monday, June 21, 2010

let the fun begin

Ahhhhh, summer.

I never thought it would come. But it came in full force. To start things off I saw ten of Nick's baseball games and two of Luke's and a soccer game each for Andrew and Liam in one week...now if that doesn't say summer with a big fat exclamation point then I don't know what does.

We hit the zoo and didn't even make it past the merry go round. We looked at the monkeys, saw the new nature's nightmares exhibit, saw the cute baby elephant again, took in the bird show, and rode the merry go round, perused the orangutans on the way back to the car, and that is it. It was a perfect 70 degree weather day to wander around outside and be thankful for the annual pass that allows us to not feel gypped when there is a game to go to and the clouds decided to drizzle and some of the kids got cranky because we did what we wanted to and were able to leave. The freedom is wonderful.

My niece Caroline turned 3! My sister threw the cutest tea party for her. Seriously, it needs to be in a magazine. Here is a pic of me and the darling birthday girl...



And shut the front door...isn't this the cutest cake you have ever seen? My sister MADE this by herself from scratch. I know, she is amazing.


We also celebrated by having a girl's luncheon (plus the boys) at Mini's. Cupcakes are all the rage lately and this quirky little bakery does not disappoint. They have yummy sandwiches but more importantly, they have yummy cupcakes. I got the Twisted Sister cupcake that consisted of a chocolate cupcake with caramel in the middle and the frosting was chocolate and caramel mixed with a pretzel on top. De.Lish.Us. They had all different kinds and one of the most aesthetically pleasing to me was the Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was a white cupcake with blue frosting with little silver balls on top. So clever.









Hit the South Jordan pool, saw Toy Story 3, made s'mores in the backyard with the fire pit...I would have to say that summer is definitely in full swing.

**And as a happy side note...my camera has been found.**

5 comments:

The Winegar's said...

It's always so much fun to get together. We always have so much fun. Wish we could do it more often.

As you can see from the last picture.....I think I've had too many cupcakes. It looks like I put on a few pounds. It's hard to stay away from those delicious delicacies!!

Lindsey Buck said...

Oh summer brings me immeasurable joy also. Cute pictures. I'm yet to go swimming this year - but I did go see Toy Story 3 yesterday! I loved it.

The Beckstroms said...

Ah we are soo soo glad that we are here with you guys this summer. I have loved all the fun we have already had and there is much more to come. Let's hit Mini's again...and again :) Also, you are so nice and know how to make someone feel so good, thanks for the kind words about the party.

maxfamclan said...

These are the days aren't they!?! I'm so glad you are having so much fun, I just don't know how you fit it all in. Adorable stuff.

Jer + Lu said...

Yah for summer! Breakfast at Tiffany's is the one that caught me eye too :)