Monday, July 12, 2010

summertime, summertime, sum-sum summertime

Summertime rocks.

I love not having a schedule, having my kids home all day, and having an excuse to go and play more often. We have been taking advantage of the lazy days of summer and keeping super busy.

We have been going to the zoo:





going to the Utah Arts Festival:










swimming a few times...Luke went off the high dive for the first time this year and taught himself how to do a front flip off of the low dive...









Justin took the older three boys fishing and Liam and I attended Herriman Days. We saw the tail end of the parade but while we were walking to the park, Liam was able to score some extra taffy that no one had picked up. After we rode the rides, I asked him if he wanted a treat but he said "No, mom. I already have some in your purse." What kind of kid turns down treats because they already have one? He was so fun...we went on this umbrella ride that went up and down in the air super fast. It made me a little sick but Liam giggled the entire time. Twice.





Playing with Maisy...



hitting a Bees game...







baseball game after baseball game after baseball game...





going to the Aviary with some friends and the rides at Liberty Park...I love these pictures of Luke, I wish I could zoom in on his cute little face so full of life and so happy to be on these swings. Liam was content leading the music that was being played on the merry go round...











Liam set up an office...he is pointing to his sign that says: "Hello people and welcome to my office."




Fun family get togethers on both sides of the family...unfortunately I did not take my camera to the Schnibbe family reunion but it was a total blast.



and last but definately not least, Andrew joined the ranks of the Brace Face Gang...




Anyone have some fun places they like to visit or things they like to do in the summer?

7 comments:

The Winegar's said...

I love how you put all those pictures of what you have been doing. It's been a great summer hasn't it?!! Yay for Andrew. Lookin' good. It will be so nice when your teeth are straight. You'll look more awesome than you do now.

Sandie said...

Wow, I thought I was busy! I love it when there is just more time to play. Honestly, I can't believe you have kids old enough for braces.

Love Liam's office. Is that a gun he is holding? Kid knows how to protect his space. ;)

maxfamclan said...

I just don't know how you keep up with yourself! And the baseball!!! What fun, what fun. These are wonderful days.

Marilynn said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE family! Love you guys!

The Beckstroms said...

I love that we've been able to join in the fun with you guys. How lucky Caroline, Olive, and I are to play with you all! Liam's office is the cutest thing. Let the fun continue!

Laurie said...

So now I know why we haven't seen your cute crew in the streets much these days. :) You guys are doing way more than we ae over here. Looks so fun!

Jer + Lu said...

Man, you are a busy girl! Way to make the most of the summer :) Planning another outing-- This is the Place Park on the 28th-- hope you can come!