Sunday, July 4, 2010

Insightful

Although Andrew has a fun side, he is very literal. Black and white. He has definate limits on how far you can tease him. He is my most dramatic of the four and is very good at letting me know it.

I really wish there was a way I could peek into his brain to see his mind working. He has some pretty interesting ideas going on in that little brain of his. Some of them go like this.

A: "Mom, when I grow up I want a Camero." (Andrew and Luke have been obsessed with the Transformers movie lately).
Me: "That would be great Andrew. But when you have kids, you may need to have another type of car because it is not very practical."
A: "Yea, but dad has a dad car and you have your car."
Me: "That's true. So what kind of car would your wife have?"
A: "Anything she wants." (with a little hand wave added)

In a later conversation about cars, Luke and Andrew were discussing their future wheels...

A: "I want a red Camero."
L: "I want a blue one."
A: "No, Luke, you should get a yellow one like bumblebee."
L: "I don't want a yellow one."
A: "Alright, you can have a blue one. Or maybe you could get a Ferrari."
Me: "Guys, Ferraris are super expensive. Some of them are more than our house cost."
A: "Hmmm. How much is a Nissan?"

While watching Nick dance in his 5th grade production he told my sister Erika:
"Nick is going to be so popular at the prom."

We were at a baseball game and my sister Andrea took the kids to the playground. Luke was climbing up the twisty slide on the outside and Andrew said:
"Luke has some pretty sweet moves."

4 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

Doesn't it make perfect sense that little boy minds grow up to be big guy minds? I think that explains a lot. Andrew's mind is especially cool!

The Winegar's said...

Isn't it nice that Andrew can see the good in people and make comments and not be jealous!?! That is a great quality.

Lindsey Buck said...

HA! Oh those boys are so cute. This made me smile.

Jer + Lu said...

So funny! I love the Nissan comment :)