Monday, February 14, 2011

mishmash

Playing catchup over the last month.

Here goes:

I had a fun farewell lunch with some of the gals from IMC. They were so nice to plan it for me. We ate at the Olive Garden and I downed diet cokes and breadsticks like they were going out of style.


maren. me. suzi. stephanie. kim

heather. libbey. melanie. laura. traci.

angelise. donna. aimee. reg. wendy. laura. melanie. lisa

Although IMC was not the perfect fit for me, I learned a lot about myself there and met some amazing people. I will miss these girls!

Luke played another season for the Jr Jazz.





To be honest, I am amazed that kid still has his tounge.

Nick and Andrew had their Suzuki graduation for the year. Nick graduated from Book 3 and Andrew from Book 2.



And we celebrated Chinese new year. It is the year of the rabbit. I was born in the year of the rabbit and I am the most fortunate of all the animals! In our home we also have two tigers, a horse, a rooster, and a dragon. I loved learning about all the traditions that go along with this holiday so I think next year I will kick our celebrations up a notch to incorporate more of them in. This year it was pretty low key (and seeing how I really didn't research the holiday much until the day of) we just learned about our animal we were born under, the story of how the Chinese zodiac came to be, ate stirfry, and watched The Karate Kid.



Other random happenings:

-Liam can do the chinese splits. All the way to the ground.
-Andrew passed off his divide by 11s.
-Luke wrote the most absolutely cutest valentines. I will save them for the next post.
-I need to read up on my space trivia. Liam asks some pretty hard questions. He also told me the other day that Neptune was grumpy. I asked him why and he replied "Because he is always so cold and not close to the sun."
-Nick asked to sit by his teacher so he wouldn't get distracted by the other kids in his class. He is quite the social butterfly and was getting in trouble quite a bit and this was a good move on his part.
-I have a new favorite word that Luke says: scorch.
-Andrew went snowshoeing on a fieldtrip.
-We are getting excited about our trip coming up in July going back to Cooperstown. It will be here before we know it.

Have a happy love day!

4 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

I love that you celebrated Chinese New Year, I am going to pick up that tradition next year, how cute! And those lanterns? To die for. I also love the list of things that have gone on. Liam is too cute with his love of the planets, and I, like Neptune am grumpy when I don't have the sun. Also, I can hear Luke saying "scorch" right now. Love it!

Here And Happy! said...

So fun to have you blogging. I love it that you researched Chinese New Year. Ever the wondermom.

The Winegar's said...

You do so many fun things with your family. I love it. I also love Luke's tongue stuck out to help him in whatever he is doing. I can also see his cute little mouth saying "scorch". Love you!

Jer + Lu said...

What a fun Chinese New Year Celebration. You're so creative!! Glad we got to do lunch-- we sure miss you!