Friday, February 18, 2011

random thoughts by liam

I picked up Liam from preschool on Wednesday and he handed me a heart that said he had counted to 109. He was so proud of himself and we got buckled in and started heading toward the aquarium to spend the afternoon.

After a minute he announced that he didn't have to swallow spit or even breathe.

I was a little bewildered and asked him to repeat that.

He said: "I didn't even have to breathe or swallow spit when I counted."

He then asked if swordfish had to be careful in the ocean. I realized he was worried that the swordfish would spear an unassuming fish and hurt it--which in reality is probably what happens. I told him that the swordfish swims slowly and tries not to bump into the other fish. He replied with a very serious tone that every fish in the sea was probably the swordfish's best buddy.

A few minutes later he sighed and said that he wished he could have a baby beluga.

I don't think our bathtub is big enough.

3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

I love Liam and his innocent little comments. He is definately thinking about all kinds of things.

maxfamclan said...

That boy is adorable. I love those random thoughts!!! Keeps ya coming back for more Liam I'm sure.

Here And Happy! said...

Makes me wish Liam and others like him had a "newsfeed" so we could know all those fascinating thoughts that never make it out of the mouth! Never stop sharing his adorable contemplations.