Friday, May 20, 2011

nine

Luke celebrated number nine.

Seriously, time needs to pause just for a moment. I love, love this time in my life right now with the boys. They are still young enough to play but old enough where I am not having to do every.little.thing for them. They can carry on fun conversations and have super fun personalities. Every one of them different.

Luke took forever deciding what he wanted to do for his birthday and changed his mind a million times. Nick decided that if Luke had an Indian name it would be Dawdlehorse or Indecisivebear. Luke just likes to make an informed and calculated decision with everything. If I buy him a treat at the convenience store I have to plan on at least 5 to 10 minutes extra while he peruses the candy to find the perfect treat.

He finally decided on Boondocks. Again. We went there last year and in my opinion, it was a fiasco. We had the older two boys' party there a few months before Luke's first party and it went so smoothly so when Luke wanted to follow suit I was game. But it was super crazy, we invited way too many greedy and needy kids, I made Luke cry, our party host was clueless, I hated it. Until I just let Luke do whatever he wanted and realized that I couldn't create his perfect party. He would. And after that it was fun.

So this year I was prepared. Less invites. Less control. More fun. It was perfect.

He invited his two best friends and his darling cousin who he adores. Andrew also was able to invite a friend and then my sister and her girls came and Justin came and we all had a blast.


I think he was having fun. I can't get over how much I love his smile. It has been the same since he was little. Big and toothy.


There was a serious discussion about the lego set he received.





I finally caught the entire group together...they were running around like wild banshees the entire 3 hours.


The weather was fantastic which was lucky since the weekend before and after were super rainy and not too conducive for a successful outdoor party. We did, however, get completely soaked on the bumper boats. My niece, Caroline and Liam laughed the entire time. There was a time when Liam was pushing the button to squirt the water and Caroline was steering us in circles over and over and over again. I was completely dizzy and wanted to barf but their giggles were priceless.







Happy birthday my darling. I am glad that I was able to relax this year and let you have the party that YOU wanted.

And I have to admit that it was fun for me too.

2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Luke DOES have the greatest smile and we try to make him do it as much as possible.....right? It looks like you all have a great time. Phew!!

The Beckstroms said...

I don't know what is wrong, but that second picture where Luke is just grinning made me start to cry. i just love him and he is so sweet with the girls (as are all of the darling boys!) and he is such a good kid. Thanks for inviting us, we had a great time!