Wednesday, September 14, 2011

adventure *day 10*

We met Thursday morning at the park to head over to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. The boys were in a good mood and even though still bummed about the loss the day before, they were excited about having a day off just to relax.

To be honest, so were we.

To pass the time while waiting for everyone to arrive, I took pictures...



...and the boys tortured each other with purple nurples. Every boy was walking around with their hands covering their chests so their poor nipples didn't get twisted.


We finally got everyone together and headed to our destination.



Just a little taste of this adorable town and its charm:



This place was enormous. I wandered around with the team for a while, tried not to lose my kids, lost my husband, and to be honest, got a little bored. There is so much to see in there and although I like baseball, I don't want to read every little plaque about every little event that happened in the past 100 years. I think it was a little overwhelming for my little brain.

There were some cool things though and I found Nick again about halfway through and it is fun to see how excited he gets about these little facts.






Here he is in front of a replica of a locker in the Anaheim Angels locker room. He has loved the Angels since he was in preschool. I don't know what sparked it, but I admire his unwavering dedication to his team.


This is the most valuable baseball card in the world. The crown jewel if you will. This is the T206 Honus Wagner valued at 2.8 million dollars.

Yes, million.


I think Liam's face says it all. This was near the end and it portrays exactly how I was feeling. Tired and sick of walking around. Sometimes I wish I were 5 so I could have this look on my face and not care that everyone knows that I am not happy.



This is Jackie Robinson's uniform...

...and I maybe want to say that this is his bat but I am not totally sure. The owner of this bat made little marks around the logo to keep track of all of his home runs. If you look close enough you may be able to see them.



After our excursion, we got ready for closing ceremonies. If the opening ceremonies made these players feel like celebrities, the closing ceremonies made them feel like they were All Stars.

All the teams were announced and then the coaches read off the names of each player as they ran under a big archway. The player then received an All Star ring from the founder of this wonderful park. It was really nice because they started at the end of the alphabet which meant that our team was one of the first ones out and then the boys came to sit with us while we waited for the 100 other teams to make their way through.






Showing off their bling!


There were amazing fireworks after every player received their ring to pass the time until the championship game between the #1 Tennessee Naturals and the #3 Louisiana Force began. The game was fun to watch-there are some pretty.amazing.players. on those two teams. We were rooting for Tennessee since they bunked right across from our team and everyone said they were nice guys. Our cheering led them to beat Louisiana 4-3.



There was definately some goofiness going on in the stands.









What a fun week. Niagara Falls, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Babe! You may want to fix the little slip on calling George "Babe" Ruth's bat Jackie Robinson's. Love the post though!!!!

Justin