Monday, December 26, 2011

*festivities*

I absolutely love the holiday season. It is magical and beautiful and amid the stress and craziness it brings promises of happiness and love and family.

Thanksgiving was spent at my parents home and we stuffed ourselves with a delicious meal surrounded by family and old friends.




As we compared our food babies, we began our rousing annual bingo competition.

Pretty soon the little ones dropped out one by one and were drawn in by my wonderful cousin Brian. It was so adorable hearing their little voices calling out the numbers.



We hit the Festival of Trees. Twice. In shifts.

Both times were super fun.

The first time Luke, Liam, and I along with my sister and her girls and my sister in law went Thursday morning and there was hardly anyone there. We decided to try the Kids Corner for the first time ever since it was virtually empty.

They went fishing, got candy, made some crafts, and Liam was eaten by a huge bubble.



Then we perused the gingerbread masterpieces and the fun trees. I made a mistake of reading some of stories associated with the trees and choked back tears numerous times. I feel so lucky right now that my entire family is happy and healthy.








The second time Nick and Justin joined us and next year Nick wants us to decorate a gingerbread house and donate it to the cause. It may be sorry looking but we will give it a try.



We also decorated our tree...


...made North Pole cupcakes...


...Liam had his Christmas program and showed off his dance moves...



...we "elfed" a couple families in our neighborhood...


...and made some reindeer cupcakes.



It has been a wonderful start to this most wonderful of seasons.

2 comments:

maxfamclan said...

what a delightful time of year! How fun. I just can't believe how fast things go by, including these young years just flying right by! How fun! Aren't these the years of holidays we wait for and then remember forever? So fabulous. You are making great memories

The Beckstroms said...

Wow, did you pack it in or what!? I am so glad we got to hang out all together a bunch. The girls are in awe of your darling boys. So, I blogged about some of the same stuff, and some how your writing is just so much more incredible. What a talent I must say!! Miss you guys already, but will return soon!