Sunday, March 18, 2012

*outings*

I have mentioned before that I have been blessed with good friends. I also have been very lucky to have kept in touch with some of them over the years, although I wish I kept in touch with more.

I had fun getting together with my bestie from college over the Christmas break. She and I were joined at the hip for quite some time. I can't remember the exact moment we became friends or how we started hanging out together, but she is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known.

We were similar to the odd couple: she was sophisticated, wealthy, and classy and I was, well, not. But somehow the opposites attract principle applied to us and held us together like glue.

We lived together for a year in the Chi Omega house and helped each other navigate through some pretty sticky situations. It is also through her that I met Justin. After I had Nick, we lost touch for a while and through the miracle of Facebook, we were able to reconnect and get together when she comes into town.

The most fantastic thing about good friends is the fact that you can go a while without talking and then when you actually get together it is like time never passed. I am so grateful to have good friends like these.

This is us at a fireworks show many years ago. We look like babies. And yes, back then overalls were totally in style.



Here we are now.





I am also lucky that I can call my family my friends as well. We all met for lunch at Vento, a cute little pizza place in downtown Salt Lake, to celebrate my sister's birthday. Not only do they have amazing pizza, their gelato is superb.

Unfortunately, Justin was unable to make it and Nick had a migraine but managed to smile for the pictures. What a good boy.




1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

I'm so glad that you are my daughter and also that you are my friend. We have great times together. It's fun to be with you and your family. Love ya.