Wednesday, March 28, 2012

*rare*

As I was sitting waiting for Nick and Andrew's recital to start, I overheard one of the most tender exchanges between these two brothers.

As I was reading over the coming program I realized that Andrew was playing the same song as one of the other students. This is not uncommon occurance so when I pointed it out, Andrew just gave me his classic shrug of the shoulders and little grin.

Then Nick piped up and told him the sweetest thing ever. He said "You will play it way better than he will."

Now, Nick is a fabulous young man but he gets great pleasure from teasing his younger brothers, unceasingly it seems at times. So I had to look at him after he had made his comment to see if he was joking around.

He wasn't.

I reveled in this rare moment of true brotherly love and listened to my boys perform wonderfully on their violins.

I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Yes you are blessed. You have wonderful boys. Isn't it nice to see those wonderful exchanges between them? It makes the hard times of parenting worth it.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

That is darling. I must meet these little studs ASAP.

RockinRhoades said...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment, it gave me the chills. They have a wonderful mother who has taught them well.