Sunday, April 15, 2012

*more quotes*

In a conversation overheard between Liam and his friend Braxton:

L: Remember when you said the "H" word?
B: I didn't say the "H" word!
L: Yes, you did--it is the other word for rain!



As we drive to Luke's cello lesson, we pass a little Asian restaurant called the Magic Wok. There has been a Help Wanted sign in the window for at least a year and there is really no one ever in the parking lot. Luke is a bit obsessed with it.

One day I think it finally got to him.

He turned to me out of the blue and said: "I know why they don't have more customers."
Me: "Who?"
L: "The Magic Wok. Their food is probably bad and the service is slow."

I maybe want to try it one day, just to test his hypothesis.



Then finally, we were up at my parent's house and the boys and my dad were having a little wiffle ball game in the backyard.

Luke was on first base and Andrew was up to bat. Andrew tapped the bat on the ground and brought it up into position to hit the ball. From his position on the make-shift diamond, Luke called out: "Spit. It means business."

No comments: