Monday, April 2, 2012

*quotes*

Luke has not been very reverent in church lately.

He got in serious trouble one week for yelling "DIARRHEA" in the hall not once, not twice, but thrice.

The last one was in the glass partition as you walk outside and it echoed. A lot.

He was grounded for a week from all things fun.

The next week he was in Sacrament meeting he was being rowdy and I turned to him and I asked:

"Why can't you just be good? You know you aren't supposed to act this way in church."

He replied with "Mom, there are too many distractions."

He was grounded from the TV for a week.

The next week went a little more smoothly. When Andrew was trying to make him laugh Luke shot him a dirty look and said: " I have not been able to watch TV for two weeks. I want to watch it this week so leave me alone!"

Then today after I picked Liam up from school I asked him what he learned today. He was rattling things off and then his face lit up when he remembered that they did first grade math.

I asked him what that meant and he told me that ten plus 6 is sixteen and that ten plus 9 is nineteen.

We were driving along for a minute and then he said: I know some college math."
"Oh! You do?"
"Yep. 120 is 121."

Unfortunately for me, the logic behind college math truly was that confusing.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

Love, love, love your boys comments. Luke's comment about don't bug me because I want to watch tv is a great one. Very practical.