Monday, June 4, 2012

*march madness*

Like how it is almost the end of May and I am finally getting to blogging about the end of March?

Liam and I traveled down to St. George to watch this handsome boy play some baseball.

The Scrappers went 2-2 losing both of their games on Thursday and winning both on Friday. Nick had a great tournament. He pitched awesome: he walked one person, due to two errors by the catcher two players were able to get on base but never scored because he struck all of the other batters out. It was amazing. He also did pretty well at the plate with 3 singles, a triple, 2 walks, and one strikeout. I was so proud of him!


Liam and another little boy on our team family hit it off and were attached at the hip for much of the tournament. It was very nice for me not to constantly have to entertain my darling boy and that he was able to have some fun while my attention was diverted elsewhere.

Their main activity was digging in the dirt.

They attracted quite a crowd.


Apparently digging with a stick was not enough once they found that they could transport water over to the site and make mud. Since all these little boys did not know each other's names, they would call each other "dude" at the water fountain as they were waiting to fill up their various containers with water. It made me chuckle a little bit because I am sure they felt so grown up doing it.



It was a fun weekend and nice to see some good baseball played.




I don't know...maybe he has a future in ballet if baseball doesn't pan out?


It is nice to have a good friend to help stretch out your shoulders between innings. These two are like peas in a pod. We call Chance our adopted son.


Ahhhh...baseball. It feels good to see you again.




2 comments:

The Winegar's said...

He looks good. I loved the ballet comment. The way they cock their arm to pitch.....wierd looking, huh?

maxfamclan said...

The wedding and the fabulous spring sports! What happy times.