Sunday, August 18, 2013

*my day*

One year closer to 40. Sigh.

I do have to admit that I am really enjoying my 30s, much more than I would have ever dreamed. They are lovely. I am comfortable with who I am and where I am in life and have been for some time. There is something to be said about growing up.

My birthday fell on a Sunday this year and so did Stake Conference. I toyed with the idea of going but then I decided sleeping in and spending the day hanging out with my family sounded dreamy.

And you know, it was.

We slept in and were lazy, the boys planned a picnic at the park, we fed the ducks, the weather was perfect, I felt loved.




One of my most favorite things about the day was just watching my boys interact. There was no fighting, no teasing, just pure brotherly love. It made my heart happy. I just laid on a blanket enjoying every minute of it because who knows how long these moments last.




This duck was mean. It would steal all the other ducks' bread that the boys would toss to them. And we totally saw two ducks in the water hold down another duck under the water forever. And I mean forever. Serious bullying going on folks. The duck ended up coming out and seemed okay but I seriously question if his brain function will be the same.

Liam wasn't sure he liked the birds. At all. He would get spells of courage and approach them but any time one of them made a move he would run away giggling. Super fast.


We then walked over to the swings and played there for a while. We talked on the bench and soaked in the warm sunshine.



After a lovely day we left to get ready for this sweet boy's family birthday party.

I cannot imagine my life without this character. He is such a love. He has a gruff exterior but once you get to know him he is just a huge softie. He thanks me every night for making him dinner and when we go out he is the first one, always, who thanks us for taking him out. He has a wicked awesome imagination and still teeters on the innocent side of boyhood. He still loves legos and playing the X box and transformers. He is as loyal as one can be. He has a serious mischevious side but never seems to get in trouble because his charming smile melts even the blackest heart.

He received some fun gifts and had a fabulous time being surrounded by those who love him.

I loved sharing my day with this wonderful boy.

Happy birthday to me.

2 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Happy Birthday {a few months back} :)

Jer + Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.