Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I love this story that is quoted by President Gordon B. Hinckley in a talk titled "These, Our Little Ones." The story is told that in ancient Rome a group of women were, with vanity, showing their jewels one to another. Among them was Cornelia, the mother of two boys. One of the women said to her, “And where are your jewels?” To which Cornelia responded, pointing to her sons, “These are my jewels.” I hope that all you have a fantastic mother's day and enjoy your precious jewels.


1. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother. I am more aware than ever that motherhood eludes many wonderful and willing women and I could not imagine my life without my darling boys.
2. I am so grateful to my mom! She is selfless, inspiring, and is such a great example to me of how to live. I remember when I was little I vowed I would never do or say certain things that my mom did because I never thought she knew what she was talking about. Well, I now say those things on a daily basis and it makes me smile in spite of myself. I guess it is true that "your mom is always right!"
3. I am grateful for my mother in law. She has taught me many things about myself and has supported me in my goals to be a nurse as well as a mom. She also is the mother of my husband so I definately am grateful for that! She is an excellent cook, puts any gardener to shame, and is one of the most amazing seamstresses I know. Thank you, Sylvia, for all you do for me and our family!

No comments: