Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All you need is Luvs

I wanted to post this yesterday but after this particular incident happened, I felt like I was putting out fires the rest of the day so did not have time to sit down and provide myself therapy by letting it out.

I guess any mom knows that anytime it is quiet in a household full of kids, usually something is wrong. I was on the phone trying to figure out bussing schedules, daycare, and work schedules (thank you Justin for helping me through my emotional breakdown). I had just gotten things sorted out when I walked into my room and Luke immediately says: "Liam did it-he dumped out the Luvs." Oh, no. I went into my bathroom and there, in the full bathtub was an entire package of diapers soaked to the brim. I was actually laughing inside because really, what else can you do? As I was cleaning out the bathtub lugging the wet diapers outside to the garbage can, Luke was dancing around the house singing "All you need is Luvs."

This brings me to the 3 things I am grateful for yesterday:
1. that Heavenly Father blessed me with patience
2. that he also blessed me with enough energy to make it through the day
3. that my September 2 deadline to begin potty training is next week

3 comments:

Erin said...

I just read this post out loud to everyone at work and we're all laughing! Your kids are so cute and funny! All you need is Luvs!

Sandie said...

I started singing before I even read the post! How do kids do that? Somehow, they can get you to smile when really, you were just about to scream. I love that about them. I'm so happy you figured out your schedule. Huge relief, i'm sure.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

I can't stop laughing long enough to write this! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Liam is so innocent; he just wanted to make sure they were absorbent enough. And he's right, "All you need is Luv's!!" Classic!