Sunday, August 24, 2008



I just found this blog and I just want to pass it on to everyone. This cute mom and her husband (Mr. Nielsen as she calls him) were in a fiery plane crash about a week ago and in critical condition in Arizona. She is originally from Provo. There is a fund set up for her and her husband that you can donate through Paypal.

It is amazing to think that their lives are totally changed forever. I saw a cute picture of them at a baseball game and now they are mummies in the burn unit. She did an adorable back to school dinner for her kids (which I might have to steal her idea) just days before this happened.I cannot imagine the pain and the rehab and the intense therapy they will have to endure and the long road ahead of them. I cannot believe that I think that my life is hard and I think I found this blog to humble me and make me realize what I truly have. I am always worried that I don't do enough with my boys or that we don't do exciting things every day. It is the little things that matter and the memories that we create that make our lives meaningful. If I get caught up and just focus on the next "big" adventure, my life and their lives will pass me by.

I don't know why this blog put me on a soapbox, but I just need to remember what really matters. Here's to making the little things matter and creating traditions that will last a lifetime.

2 comments:

Mistie said...

Seriously, what a great reminder as to what is really important. That is something i needed to hear. And what a sweet blog they have. Life is definately too fragile.

Adrianne said...

i am glad that I am not the only one so emotionally involved in their life! Really helps me put the day to day in perspective.