Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A day at the beach

Did you know there is a beach in Herriman?

Within walking distance of my house?

Neither did I until yesterday. It is actually a resevoir but they have put sand down along the ridge of it and it slopes down just like a real beach. It even smells like a beach, kindof. Justin and I went to check it out last night and today the boys and I decided to try it out. It was awesome.

I didn't bring my camera to capture the fun they were having, but I have the smiling faces, the sunkissed skin, the working together to build a volcano city--later renamed bumblebee city--, and the totally relaxing day captured in my mind. There is a shallow area that they stayed in all afternoon, it does have a deeper part but I told them no way without life jackets and another adult. Nick was not sure about staying in the shallow end at first, but he didn't seem to care once he was playing around in it. I just sat and lounged in the sun for a while and then enjoyed the shade of my umbrella with a diet coke.

I am soo happy there is something that resembles a beach because I love, love, love the beach. There really is nothing so relaxing and energizing at the same time as hanging out near the sand and water. Invigorating. Now I just have to drive up the street instead of all the way to the coast.

If anyone else suffers from beach withdrawl, come on up!

7 comments:

Erin said...

That sounds divine! I'm suffering from beach withdrawal and it's only been 2 1/2 weeks since I was in San Diego! I might have to pick up a coke and join you on your newly discovered beach!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. I'll have to go next time.

Mom

The Beckstroms said...

We are so in!! Can't wait to go to the beach! I am sad we missed you guys today....oh, but I did see the cutest pictures of our nephews online..models!! They are so GQ in the pics, I love them.

Sandie said...

Just tell me when, and I will be there. The boys would love it!

Amy said...

Corinne,
It's Amy Warner. I found you through Alli's blog. Your family is beautiful. I think that you and I need to connect; I have four girls...

I used to hear about your through our moms, and I'm sad to have lost that connection. My blog is also on Alli's under "Stephensons."

Amy

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited to check this place out with ya today!!! The kids are way excited.

Heather said...

It sounds like a little bit of heaven in Herriman!