Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fact or fiction?

Luke is approaching the age of non-believing.

He has recently lost a few teeth and unfortunately the tooth fairy just hasn't been super diligent in delivering the money that Luke deserves. But finally, during the day yesterday, the tooth fairy dropped off some loot and left it under Luke's pillow. Luke was very excited but a couple hours later, we had this conversation.

Luke: "Mom, what does the tooth fairy look like?"
Me: "I don't know, I have never seen her. What do you think she looks like?"
Luke: "I think she is just a parent."
Me: "Oh? I don't think so, how else would she be able to be so sneaky and put money under your pillow?"
Luke: "A parent could just walk up the stairs when you aren't looking and sneak it under your pillow."
Me: "Well, I don't think so. But what do you think she looks like and then we could keep an eye out for her."
Luke: Well, she looks like you but with purple hair. She has purple shoes and white skin. She has a wand...(thinking)...that has a yellow shiny star on it with red things coming out of it and the stick is...um...gray. Oh, and she has a purple dress."

I think it is funny that even though he is not sure if she exists, he has sure thought about what she looks like!

P.S. Another funny thing that I don't want to forget is he calls shorts "short sleeved pants."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so sad when they stop believing. The magic disappears. I hope Luke continues to "kind of" believe in the Tooth Fairy etc. 7 is too soon to grow out of believing.

ejrowsell said...

Hi Corinne. I found your blog through the Taylors, I hope you don't care!!!!
Luke is so DAMON!! He questions stuff too, but wants to believe so bad his descriptions become very impressive. Your kids are so cute.... and Liam.... WOW!! He has grown up!!!
Eichelle Rowsell

Lindsey Buck said...

Ha, short sleeved pants? I might have to make that a trend in my daily lingo. That's epic, haha.

I don't remember when I reached the age of not believing, but there is a very confusing stage between logic and whimsy at that age. I held on as long as I could, mostly afraid that if I didn't believe in Santa I wouldn't get Christmas anymore. :)