Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dog days of summer

Have I really not made any posts in a month???

There is a good reason, though.We have been making the most of our last moments of summer. Running here and there, I feel that we have accomplished a fun and well balanced three months. I am pretty happy that I got my first "I'm bored..." just this past Monday. Perfect timing if you ask me, they start on Monday! Unfortuneately, I do not have pictures of all our adventures, but just recently we went to Lagoon and to the Dino park up in Ogden.















We had a blast at Lagoon. We haven't been in about 3 years so Liam does not have any recollection of his first time there. He went on a couple rides at the beginning, he loved the little dragon rollercoaster. Nick took him on a couple rides while I went on the Dino Drop with Luke because Liam said it looked "too scawy." We later talked him into going and he loved it. His face was absolutely priceless. It is really fun having older kids that want to go on all the crazy rides and not be scared to go on anything. And I mean anything. Justin took the three older boys on the Rocket and my stomach lurched as I watched them shoot up and then plummet down to the bottom. I don't do well on the free falling rides, the little kid version of it is just fine for me.

We lost Luke for about fifteen minutes, the scariest of my life. Justin had taken Nick and Andrew on Wicked while I took the younger two on a different ride. I told Luke to follow me after he got off the ride and we would go meet dad, but when I turned around after navigating through a crowd, he was gone. I walked around the surrounding area a couple times and when I couldn't find him, I walked to the area that Wicked is in and still could not see Luke. I asked a worker if they could help me, but they just pointed me in the direction of the lost and found at the entrance of Lagoon. Really, don't those people have walkie talkies? By this time I had tears in my eyes and started walking toward the entrance and there he was, by the exit of the Terrorride. Relief washed over me and I asked him what he was thinking? He told me that he was waiting for dad...but dad told me it was the Wicked ride but it doesn't start with a "W", it started with a "T!" He just got the rides mixed up. We then headed over and met Justin, he had seen me walking quickly without Luke and deducted Luke had gotten lost and was coming over to help. Luckily, it all worked out okay.

We also had an adventure with our car, but that is one that is remedied and does not have to be repeated.

Hopefully we will be back to Lagoon before another three year hiatus, we had a great time!

We had a great time at the Dinosaur Park up in Ogden. It is awesome and the weather cooperated nicely. Not too hot, a little breeze. Ahhh. If you haven't been up there, it is well worth the drive. It is reasonably priced, there is plenty of shade as you are walking around, not to mention lifesized dinosaur models dotting the landscape. There is a park to play at and even a little place to eat that is also not too expensive. They not only have the outdoor portion but an indoor section as well that houses skeletons, different rocks and jewels, and for an extra fee you can pan for gold. They even have motorized dinosaurs upstairs that make you feel that you are smack dab in the middle of the Jurassic Park movie.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures to capture the great times. Looks like you had a wonderful time at Lagoon and I know you did at the Dino Park. I'm glad that you had all these fun times with the boys.

Malma said...

How fun! Oh, and PS...I LOVE the pic at the top of the blog! It's perfect? Mind if I ask who did them?

Anonymous said...

Me again. I didn't notice the terrific pictures of each of the boys. They are soooooo handsome. I love them to death!!!

Mom

Adam B said...

Now you have me curious about the car incident...do tell if you have the time some time and remember to. Love and miss you all!