Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh, Hansel and Gretel have a huge decision


We decorated gingerbread houses the other night. I did it easy with graham crackers but they were fun nonetheless. My friend told me about a super easy way to keep the crackers together--just melt sugar and dip the edges of the cracker in the syrup and voila! It is like glue. The frosting was super easy too--just 3 egg whites to a pound of powdered sugar. I put a bit of cream of tartar in for good measure. These are the results:
Santa's mansion by Andrew:


He told me that it was a mansion because he has a big "S" in his yard just like rich people.

M&M and gumdrop mountain by Luke:




This picture makes me think that his name was just a misnomer for "Gingerbread House of Terror". Have YOU ever seen a snowman with daggers coming out of its eyes?

Santa's Wonderland: by Nick




Hansel and Gretel, beware! (or the house that U built): by Me



There is a U on the back :)


Liam just liked the candy and would eat it off his house just as quickly as he put it on.




Justin's is also unnamed but it looks like his house is in a bad part of town or Santa just had a heart attack. Either way, better warn the kiddies that Santa probably won't be around this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and looks like so much fun. We're going to do that here too. Wish I could be 2 places at once and be there with you doing crafts and here with the girls. But will see you in a week or so and then we can play.

Maranda said...

Look at you and your creativity!

RockinRhoades said...

Looks like you had a fun night!

Here And Happy! said...

Nice tips for gingerbread houses. I'll abandon my glue gun and try sugar next year!