Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Santa Claus came to town!

Santa visited my in-laws house on Saturday the 5th. He didn't visit yours? Well, I don't want to judge or anything but maybe your kids aren't as good as mine. Or my nieces and nephews. I am just saying...

We had an awesome time for their annual Santa party. We had delicious food and all the grandkids decorated the "kid's" Christmas tree with Grandpa handing out the ornaments.





I think they did a great job!

And of course, the big man himself came to distribute darling Christmas jammies and cute elf hats for the cold weather ahead.



Liam going to give Santa a hug





This is Liam's first year of really "getting" Christmas.This is Liam's face before the present. So excited.
That quickly deteriorated when he
realized that there was not a toy wrapped up in a neat little package. I guess I should have
prepped him first.


Seneka wasn't so sure







Every year there is a story that the kids can act out. Andrew, Nick, and Halle were the characters this year. Andrew was Bob ("I don't know"), Nick was Dingle ("ding a ling a ling"), and Halle was the witch ("hee hee hee").


Singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer


All the kids (except for grumpy Liam still upset that all he received was jammies) in their cute hats.

I also came home to some wonderful news! My sister who lives in New Hampshire went into labor and was eight centimeters when I called her at ten o'clock our time.  She delivered baby Olive at 1:02 a.m. (so just about an hour after I talked to her on the East coast!) on December 6th. Yay! Both mom and baby are doing well. Congrats Beckstroms and we love you!!!








2 comments:

maxfamclan said...

Love the party and the Zoo lights! I need to have you e-mail me your address for a Christmas card! I miss you! markhillmax@comcast.net

The Beckstroms said...

What a fun tradition that is! I hope that we can have a Santa tradish when we are back in Utah, that would be fun. Love you guys!!! Olive and Caroline say a big I love you and send kisses.