Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tuesday night on the way home from Costco, on of Luke and my conversations went like this:

"Mom, you are at 50 on that thing."
Me: "What thing? The speedometer?"
Luke: "That thing in the middle."
Me: "This one?" (pointing at the speedometer)
Luke: "Yeah."
Me: "Now I am at 60. This tells you how fast the car is going."
Luke: "Oh. It goes to 120? Have you ever had it at 120?"
Me: "No, I usually go between 70-80."
Luke: "Well, Dad had it at 120 once and a policeman pulled him over."
Me: "What? Really?"
Luke: "Yeah, he got a ticket and everything."

And then, he sat there.

I racked my brain trying to remember a notice from the police department telling me about this said ticket or any admittance from said husband about this alleged crime. Nothing.

Then Luke said: "Mom, I am just kidding." And then grinned.

Heaven help me when he is in high school.

7 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Man, he got you good! You're definitely toast when he's a teen...

The Winegar's said...

You have more fun conversations in store. Brace yourself!! He is a real tease.

The Beckstroms said...

What a little cunning guy to think of such a story. Watch out! That is just practice for what's to come haha

Sandie said...

This one made me giggle. I love "Luke" stories!

Lindsey Buck said...

HA!!! Ha ha ha ha... I have to show this to my mom tomorrow. Classic.

Here And Happy! said...

Hilarious! That child came out of the "specials" barrel. I'm only glad that we get to peek into a corner of his remarkable life.

maxfamclan said...

Ha! Ha! He is adorable, and I just love when their personality comes out!