Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What a fabulous weekend.

This past weekend was quite eventful.

On Saturday we went here: I don't know why the pictures are so dark--frustrating!)






Luke's last Jr. Jazz game of the season. He is so much fun to watch. I don't think I have ever seen Luke hustle to do anything so to see him be aggressive and defend people like he does is quite a sight. He sticks to his guy like glue and he even defends on offense. Now that is dedication. He actually is a pretty good shooter as well and when he makes a shot he quickly looks at us to make sure we saw it and then he gets excited once he knows we are looking. He has loved basketball for a long time and this was his first season playing...I don't think it will be his last.

Right after his game, we had our Scott Boys' Bake Sale to benefit Haiti. All the stress and preparation was worth it...it was a huge success.
Here are photos of the philanthropists:





Here is the one that Andrew is finally not making a funny face. Luke was getting so mad because I took these right before we were going home and I would keep saying: "Okay guys, one more. Andrew just smile normally!" And Luke said: "Yeah, Andrew, just smile normally. I just want to go home!" And then Luke would turn and look at the camera as if he wasn't mad at all.


The food tables:







We decided to put this on so the boys would get outside of their Herriman bubble and so something to help others. We handed out almost 500 fliers throughout the area and I had so much help from my family, friends from work and friends and neighbors in the ward that we had a small bakery in our clubhouse. Let me rephrase that. It was like a boutique bakery. Everyone did such a cute job with their treats and wrapping them up so cute. It was fun to see the boys' faces as more and more items would come and Andrew said: "We are going to make a TON of money for Haiti!" We had quite a big turn out and we surpassed my goal of $250. Thank you everyone who supported this! Here are some behind the scene photos that the boys took:







I was supposed to go into work that night at 7:00 pm but received the call I was hoping to recieve asking me if I wanted to stay home. YES! I ran to the bookstore to get cupid gifts since I had kindof put it off because I had been so busy baking for the bake sale. There was a contest on the radio to qualify to win a trip to LA to see Taylor Swift if you were the 13th caller. I hurried and called but didn't expect anything. The first time was busy. The second time it rang and the DJ answered by saying "KBULL93. What is your name?" Holy cow. Did they just ask me my name? I think I may have just won! I answered him and he asked me where I was calling from. "Herriman." Then he asked me if I liked NASCAR and I said "Not so much" and I was worried that I had called in for the wrong contest. Then he asked me if I liked Taylor Swift and then I knew for sure that I had won. Yay! I won a CD and a chance to qualify for the trip! The DU told me that I needed to listen on Tuesday at 7:15 to see if I had won. I drove home and took a little nap and then went to work at 11 and then got to come home early. It was fabulous.

Sunday was Valentines Day. It was pretty low key but we had fun hanging out together eating yummy pancakes (for lunch since I slept in through breakfast) and then had this amazing homemade pizza for dinner. I can say that because I got the recipe from my sister. We watched a bit of the Olympics, I went to bed a little early, the boys and Justin had a late night playing the XBox.

I worked on Monday, Justin and the boys went swimming. We talked about our old house and all the mice stories we had from there around the dinner table. Watched a bit of the Olympics--Liam really liked watching how fast the skiers went down the hill in the Super G. He also remembered the luge from the night before and said that he wants to be a luger. Hmmm...I hope he changes his mind, it freaks me out.

This brings us to today. I am still considering this part of my weekend since it happened so early. I had weird dreams last night. One I was just given a baby which was awesome and the other one I was listening to see if I had won and they made up some rap song with every other person's name (that I assume qualified) but mine. I didn't have super high hopes when I was listening this morning but I would hate myself if I didn't listen and by some strange phenomenon won.

The DJs came on the air and said that they would be announcing the winner for the Taylor Swift flyaway after this next song. I sat and waited. Liam was playing the computer, the other boys in the shower getting ready for school. The song ended. Then they said the winner's name: Corinne Stott.

Stott? That could still be me. How many Corinnes are there? So I called.

"KBULL 93. Who's this?"
"I think you just called my name but I am not sure. I am Corinne S----. Are there two Corinnes?"
"What is your telphone number?"
I told him.
"What is your address?"
I told him.
"When I get back to you, can you promise me that you will freak out?"
"I think I can do that!"

I was jumping up and down in the kitchen on the phone while Nick was eating his breakfast. I am sure he thought I was completely crazy.

They got back with me on the phone and I was now on the air.
"Hi! Who's this?"
"Corinne!"
Then they told me I had won the trip. I screamed.
"Where are you right now?"
"In my kitchen."
"Who are you going to be taking with you to go see Taylor Swift?"
"Probably my husband."
"Well, take this opportunity to go and get something fun for you in LA!"
"Thanks, I think I will!"

YAY! I have never won anything this fun before and I never have won anything off the radio. I am so excited! Justin didn't believe me for a really long time, but now he is really excited to go to LA, I don't think he is psyched to see Taylor Swift, but it will be a fun getaway for sure!

8 comments:

maxfamclan said...

I still can't believe! You put good karma in the air with your bake sale I think ;) congrats!

Mistie said...

holy crap! Are you kidding me? i can't believe you won something that HUGE on the radio. I would be dying right now!! And what a nice little excursion to go to LA! That sounds amazing. In case you don't want to fly again, i could easily use them for you! :)
you've motivated me to actually call in on the radio for things like this!
and btw- the bake sale really was "boutiquey" and so cute!

Here And Happy! said...

Unbelievable!!! Lucky, lucky you. That's what you get for being so nice to Haiti! It all comes around eh? BTW do you know about "fill light"? You can make those basketball pics perfect and even I know how, so you can bet it's easy! Congratulations Corinne. You deserve this wonderful getaway.

Mel Spenst said...

OMG!!!! Corinne that is AWESOME!!! I love that you won! That is the best! When do you get to go? If you need help with your munchies let me know! You guys deserve a trip! How fun and exciting!!! YAY :)

The Winegar's said...

I'm so excited for you that you won the trip!!!! That is so AWESOME!! You will have such a great time. I'm glad that the bake sale did so well and I'm glad that we had an extra week to get things ready. It DID look like a boutique bake sale. What a good way to have your boys learn of service and giving. Luke, you looked terrific playing basketball. I'm happy that you love to play and do such a terrific job. Keep it up!!

Marilynn said...

Wow - how fun! I think Michael once won a humidifier on the radio - a lot less exciting than a TRIP!!! Have a great time!

The Beckstroms said...

Happy Valentine's Day! We were pumped to hear about your great win from the radio...sweet!! You deserve such a fun little getaway in hopefully in your birthday month. The bakesale looked so darling, wish we could have helped. I am way impressed, what a good cause and so good for the boys to do that too. Love you guys, come back soon, I am compiling a list of more fun things to do in NH!! I still can't believe you guys came, it is to dear, a sisters trip, one I will forever remember and hold dear :)

julib said...

That is an incredible story! You are one lucky chick! Hey if he really doesn't want to go...I'm free! I got a note pad and card the other day for Justin L. Scott at Founders Title. Is that your Justin?