Thursday, May 6, 2010

milestones

In the obstetrical world, as of April 28, 2010, I am now considered old. My eggs are tired and I have hit the ominous sounding milestone of advanced maternal age.

It sounds horrid, doesn't it? Because at 35, I don't think you should be considered old. So I am living up to the wise words of "You are only as young as you feel." I guess that would make me in my mid twenties.

It was a good day, pretty uneventful, but good nonetheless. I worked the night before and the night of my birthday and it was wicked crazy at work but I was able to usher in a couple babies in on the best day of the year. The boys made me breakfast so it was ready when I walked in the door in the morning and when I woke up there were balloons and a cake to enjoy. I am just glad it didn't pass by like any other day. I know I am old but I still like to have a day that is just for me.

Then, two days later, cute Luke had his eighth birthday. I know, I can't believe it either. He was the only one that I went into labor on my own with. He was due in mid-May and I was so excited to have a May baby--I don't know why but I had always wanted one. May just sounds so fresh and lovely. So, in classic Luke tradition, he showed me who was boss and came on the very last day of April.

The very next day he was baptized. What a fabulous day. We had many people there to support Luke on his special day. He was so nervous and excited and smiley. Our ward was in charge of the program that day so it was fun to have more participation in the event had we not been in charge. Nick and Andrew played "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" on the violin and we had the grandpas say the prayers. Luke slipped and almost fell into the font but luckily caught himself before tumbling in. The baptism went smoothly and he came out beaming. Justin gave a beautiful blessing for his confirmation and we are so lucky to have a worthy priesthood holder at the head of our household.




Then after the extended family left, we celebrated Luke's birthday with the family. He got everything he wanted and then some. And wait until you see the awesome cake Granite Bakery made up for him.
 
Shut up, isn't it the most awesome cake ever? Granite Bakery is the bomb. I have gone there for cakes three times and they are so delicious and so darn good looking.

Then on Sunday, we had our final milestones of our weekend. In Sacrament meeting Andrew got up and bore his testimony ON HIS OWN and was so cute up on the stand. Luke was ticked that Andrew got up first because he said that Andrew took what he was going to say. So he must of thought of something quick because he got up and bore his testimony and also did a fantastic job. I was so proud of both of them!

Then after church we picked up a little something the boys have wanted for a long time:

Cute little Maisy Kevin Scott. Kevin is for Liam because that is what he wanted to name her. When I told him that it was a boy's name he said "No, it is a girl's name. The bird on UP is named Kevin and she's a girl." I ran it by Justin and he said no way so it is now her middle name. She is so cute and so fun and so potty trained that it is fantastic.

This post is forever long and even though it was a super awesome weekend I am glad that there aren't so many milestones coming up this weekend...I am exhausted!

4 comments:

The Winegar's said...

No milestones this weekend but the next 2 there will be lost of festivities!!! Whoo Hoo! That WAS such a special weekend for you and Luke and was fun to be a part of it all.

Mistie said...

I loved Luke's perma-smile the day of his baptism. He was so cute. And i really was SOOOO impressed with Andrew and Nicholas' violin performance. I had no idea how great they played. Seriously. I was amazed. It was so sweet. Ashton asked if when Seneka gets baptized, he can sing or something at her baptism. He also told me he thinks he would like to play the violin one day-so we'll have to see. He definitely has 2 great examples to follow if he decides!

Here And Happy! said...

Late Happy Birthday Corinne! Luke looks so dashing. How did he arrive at eight so quickly?! I love the photos with so many of Luke's significant people surrounding him on his special day. And welcome to Maisy Kevin. I think it's a perfect name! I know including her in the family was probably a stretch for you (I imagine being able to eat off the floors at your house, just like at Mary's). Just think--you have a buddie now on the GIRL TEAM!

The Beckstroms said...

I am chuckling at cute little Liam. What a cute thought about "Kevin", I LOVE it!! What a cute doggie, can't wait to meet Maisy! Luke is glowing and I am glad you took so many pics, feels like we were almost there. Can't believe he's 8 and I still remember the moment he was born. Please don't let me say to the boys "Oh, you are SO big!" I want to not be old lady and say that.
LOVE YOU GUYS! See you tomorrow!!!!