Monday, May 3, 2010

unconditional

Liam is very interested in heaven and space right now. He is constantly asking me where heaven is and is it in space and is it far, far away.

We were chatting at my parent's house with him sitting on my lap with his little arm around my shoulder asking and we were talking about heaven. He absolutely adores my sister Erika and I told him that he and Erika were probably good buddies up in heaven.

He then said: "Then we were borned?"
I said: "Yep." And then we went through a whole list of loved ones that were "borned."

Then he sighed and said: "That Heavenly Father is a pretty great guy."

I love that Liam is so, so innocent. He is very conscious about wanting to do the right thing and everytime he hears a new word the first thing that he asks is: "Is that a bad word?" before he will repeat it. Although I guess that potty talk doesn't count because he doesn't seem to have a problem keeping up with his brothers in that department.

He is such a loving, delightful boy and the happiest child I know. I can't help but think that he truly did have a special relationship with our Heavenly Father while he was in the Spirit world. He is an example to me of how to be more like a little child and more Christlike and I hope that I can exercise these traits more often because I sure can't imagine an eternity without my precious boy.

5 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Well said. He IS a dear boy and we love him so much. I hope we as adults can stay close to our Heavenly Father like Liam is.

Lindsey Buck said...

Oh goodness, my heart melted with this post. So sweet. I am excited to have kids someday. And I think I'm going to have the primary song 'Where is Heaven?' stuck in my head the rest of the day. :)

Here And Happy! said...

I think little children often become obsessed with the "familiar". No doubt talk of heaven rings familiar to Liam. He is an angel, after all!

Marilynn said...

Wow, TOO cute!

The Beckstroms said...

Little Liam doesn't have a mean bone in him. I can learn a lot from that little love. So cute that you wrote this down.