Monday, October 8, 2012

*fabulous fourth 2012*

We had such a fun fourth of July!

After I got off my night shift, I met with a couple of my friends from work to start running.

We are all beginners, out of shape, and needed a little motivation to get going.

We downloaded a little couch to 5K app on our phones and got going. It wasn't pretty, but we were able to say we are on our way to a more healthy us.

Then, I took a nap.

Later in the day, we got together with some of my family at my sister's house to have a little barbeque. I feel a little guilty that she hosted it since she had just had sweet baby Jane about a week before.

Nick was so cute--he didn't want to give her up.


I made this fun punch for the occasion. I tried it on my coworkers the night before and it didn't turn out very well...all of the colors meshed together to create a lovely shade of purple. I had Justin go and buy all new drinks that morning and we tried it again. I am so happy it worked! My niece was a little bugged that the white is not in the middle so I may have to try to figure out how to tweak it next year.



We had a great time hanging out together and the kids loved playing in the water, riding their bikes and scooters, and throwing water balloons at each other. A perfect summers day.










Later that evening, our little family went to the Bees' game. It had been a while since we had made the effort to go and see fireworks somewhere and we were very excited to see them.

Oh, and the game too.










I have never seen such a fabulous fireworks display! There were at least six "encores"--it kept going and going and going.


I hope we can have this day again next year!



No comments: