Thursday, July 10, 2008

10 fav restaurants tag

I was tagged by my friend Matti for my 10 favorite restaurants in my city. Seeing that I live in a city where there is really nothing but fast food, I opted to venture about 20 miles north and tell you my favs of Salt Lake. So, in no particular order, here they are. (Drumroll please...)

1. Outback Steakhouse. I love their little side salad they bring out before your dinner and their pork chops are the best. They also have amazing mac and cheese for the kids(not Kraft which most restaurants sell and try to make you pay $3.99 for a small serving when you can buy an entire box at the grocery store for $1.00--sorry for the tirade, it is one of my pet peeves though).

2. Rumbi Island Grill. I know this is more of an upscale fast food joint, but their salads are to die for and they have HUMONGOUS rice bowls that are equally delicious.

3. Asian Star. This is an amazing restaurant in Fort Union. I recommend the walnut shrimp--if you go with a big group, you will need to order at least 2 because it will be a favorite of everyone at your table. Everything there is amazing.

4. The Dodo. To be honest, I have never ventured away from the turkey and swiss sandwich with the side salad, but it is the best turkey sandwich I have ever had. The dipping sauce is delicious and then I top it off with their key lime pie. They moved the location to the Gateway which is not as quaint as the original location on 7th(?)East, but it is still a fun place to eat.

5. Olive Garden. I could go here everyday for lunch for their minestrone soup, breadsticks, and salad. Yum.

6. Kyoto. This is a little sentimental because this is the first place that I ever had sushi. They did a fabulous job and so I kept going back.

7. Melting Pot. Just the sound of this restaurant makes my mouth water. EVERYTHING there tastes good and I love the atmosphere. It is cozy and dark but there is a lot of fun going on there. And really, who can deny that their dessert rocks?

8. Loco Lizard. Chicken Chimichangas. That is all I have to say about that.

9. Red Iguana. This place is a dive on the wrong side of town but their food is authenic and amazing. Go there at once.

10. Rio Grande. I love this restaurant. It is just a fun place to go and hang out and where else in Utah can you go to see a woman wrapped up in a burrito hanging from the ceiling? They also have a working jukebox so you can pick your own cheesy music to listen to while you eat their delicious food.

There are more that I like but I really think that these are my true loves. If any of you have suggestions of your favorites that I can try...please let me know because I am always up to finding a new place to go! I tag Mistie, Andrea, Justin, Erin, Dana, Adrianne...probably everyone from work will end up doing this tag so I will read yours later I am sure!

4 comments:

Sarah Whitehead said...

Corinne, the Dodo sounds so good right now!! I miss that sandwich. Do you remember Hashi?? It isn't there anymore, but what fun times we had there!

Adrianne said...

yum! yum! i love many of the same!! we could do lunch anytime!

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

When the kiddies finally go off to school, let's take Liam and Ava and go to the Dodo, at once!! It's on my list, too. Never have strayed from the turkey and swiss either...it would be a crime!! Name the date and time

The Kleins said...

I love the Dodo also! Now there's a new location right across from Sugarhouse park. It's quaint and you don't have to deal with downtown traffic or parking.