Saturday, July 5, 2008

I worked on Thursday night, the 3rd, slept for a while and then was at my parents house for a fun filled evening so I was not able to express the reasons why I am so grateful that I am American.

1. I love that we have so many opportunities to do so many different things. There are different schools to go to, different areas of work to explore, and really, I am so glad that I did not have an arranged marriage. I am glad that I can choose where I live, what I wear, what I eat, and what I want to do on the weekends.

2. I love that there are different religions to choose from. I also love that because I am LDS does not mean I cannot be friends with someone who is not.

3. I just love America. It is BEAUTIFUL. There are beaches, mountains, valleys, prairies, oceans white with foam...you get the idea. And there is not a more beautiful sight than seeing a huge American flag blowing gracefully in the breeze or flags lined up along a street for holidays. America is a pretty amazing place.

2 comments:

A said...

I also love America, and I love that you can say whatever you want and do whatever you want (like, say, oh be a midwife) and not get called a heretic and a witch and burned at the stake or hanged or drowned...

as much as I like America, I have to say that new Zealand is quite nice as well, though it too has its problems. but you just can't beat the beaches, rolling hills, mountains, rivers, and wildlife that abound here! the grass truly is greener here, as Adrianne noted!

Strange thing, no one mentioned Independence day here, so i forgot all about it until it was long past.

have fun in Disneyland!

Anonymous said...

I love being an American and the freedoms we enjoy! And my favorite
is the American Flag. I think that
we have the most beautiful one ever - so striking full of meaning.
It was a great couple days that we
spent celebrating the 4th.

Mom