Sunday, July 6, 2008

Or that.

We were watching "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith" at my parents house. The boys have seen parts of it but we have always skipped over some of the scarier parts...especially the part when Anakin and Obi Wan are at the lava. I decided to move over to the other T.V. downstairs with Liam to watch Noggin (very child appropriate) and Luke found his way over to me. The way my parent's basement is set up allows you to watch two shows at the same time on two different screens--one much larger than the other. Star Wars was on the larger screen and he became very interested in the lava scene. Anakin had just received the nasty blow that cuts off both his legs and was attempting to crawl up the embankment toward Obi Wan. His face is distorted and his eyes are all red and he screams in an evil voice "I hate you!". Luke asked me why Anakin's voice sounded the way it did. I told him that Anakin was turning into a very bad person and sometimes when this happens, people don't sound like themselves. Luke thought about this for a minute and then said: "Or, he is getting burned by the lava and doesn't like it and that is why his voice sounds that way."

Right. Or that.

No comments: