Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Dear Jack Black,
I heart you. I think you are clever, funny, surprisingly a little attractive in your stretchy pants, and don't think the entertainment world would be the same without you. Kung Fu Panda was sheer genius and I might even be forced to watch Yo Gabba Gabba because you are on the season premiere although I do have to question your motives on that. Could you not have chosen Imagination Movers or something that is not so stupid or scary? I don't know, something to think about."
-Your biggest fan


"Dear Yo Gabba Gabba,
You frighten me. I think that says it all. Please go off the air."
-Scared in Utah


"Dear bangs,
Oh, why can't you grow faster? I am sorry I brought you out of hibernation but I thought that after 15 years we still would not have this hate-hate relationship. Really, I would be happy if I could just tuck you behind my ears and not have to use a gazillion bobby pins to make my hair look normal. Is there anything I can do for you to help you? Nothing personal, but it is just that you are quite a nuisance."
-Frustrated


"Oh spring, glorious spring, thank you for finally making an appearance. I think that winter is still upset that you are stealing her thunder but really, she needs to get over it. Can you maybe drop a hint to her to help her understand that we are tired of all the snow and cold and don't need any reminders of the last three months? It is kindof embarassing how she keeps hanging around. I am so excited to get out and enjoy the sun and warmth and short sleeves and the flowers and the sounds of the birds...you get the idea. I love you."
-Happy in sunshine


"Dear April 28,
I know it is mandatory to make an appearance every year but I didn't know if I really had to get any older when you come this time. I don't FEEL old. Don't get me wrong, I love you and wait for you to come around so I can be a princess for the day but I am getting to a critical age and would appreciate it if I could just stay 33. I don't know, just throwing it out there."
-Not feeling her age


"Dear Red Robin,
I think you have the best fries and fry sauce in the world. I just gorged myself on them last night and washed them down with Diet Coke. You made me a very happy woman and I just wanted to send you my compliments."
-Content

11 comments:

Adam B said...

I must say that you did make me laugh! Good times, thanks for updating your blog!

Erika said...

Oh my heck you are so funny. P.S. Your bangs rock. Also, winter called and said sorry about it, she's here for another week or two. Boo!

Mary Anne said...

I am SO not ready to leave 33 either. You have almost one more month than me to prepare, lucky you! You are quite the poet, Corinne. I like it.

Sandie said...

Oh my gosh, thanks for the smiles! If we could just find someone who could pull some strings and make winter go away...oh, how fantastic that would be!

Malma said...

Yup.. love Red Robin Fries. Yup..love Jack Black.
Yup...Yo Gabba Gabba is a bit freaky.
Oh how I love reading your blog. Thanks for the reminders of all the great..and odd...things in my life!

Adrianne said...

Dear Corinne

I like you!

maxfamclan said...

Those are very entertaining and creative! Very good, very good. Kudos to you.

Lindsey Buck said...

Ha! This made me laugh out loud. Very clever post. Maybe I will wait a few months and then steal your idea when no one will notice. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when we were going to move to Bountiful in the 90s and you didn't want to move there, one reason was you didn't want to be called a "bang buddy" because they ratted and sprayed their bangs. That should have been a clue this time when you cut your bangs..... They look good but I understand that you are either a bang person or not. I was thinking that your hair looked very nice. Love ya.

The Beckstroms said...

Dear Corinne,
You are very funny and I miss you! Can't wait to see you tonight.

Love, your spazzy sis

Lohra said...

Now THAT was funny. Way to be creative.