Monday, October 26, 2009

Boo at the Zoo!

After Nick's football game on Saturday, Justin and his dad took the two older boys out on a quick hunting trip. While they were having their fun, my mom and I took the younger two to the zoo.

Upon entering the zoo, I noticed many little ones dressed up in their costumes and then it hit me. It was Boo at the Zoo! I felt a little bad that I wasn't on top of things and didn't have the boys dressed up, but they didn't seem to mind and they were just thrilled that they got candy even without their costumes. I was also very pleasantly surprised because Justin said he was going to take my camera hunting but it was still in my purse--yay! Luke and Liam were being absolutely darling and cute to each other so I am glad that I was able to capture it in pictures.




This wasn't even posed!


For how full the parking lot was, I was scared that it was going to be a mad house inside the zoo. I was delighted that it was not too crowded...we were able to get a view of the baby elephant-still so stinking cute by the way-, got right on the merry go round, only had to wait one round to get on the train, and all of the animals were awake and entertaining. Our train ride was quite exciting as well-the train stopped right before the tunnel and we had to be pushed for a while. Luckily we were done after our train ride because the rain started pouring as we were walking to our car. Perfect timing.

A little side note...Luke now has a superpower.

At the football game, Andrew, my two nephews, and my niece were at the park playing. After the game, we told Luke to run over to the park and get them. He said no but just then I noticed that they were all walking over to us anyway. I told him that they must have read his mind and come over. Luke said "Yep, that is why I didn't go over there!" Later at the zoo, he and Liam were running around the giraffe house, going up and down the stairs. Luke came down and we were ready to go and so I told him to run upstairs really fast and get Liam. He said no, but at the same time, Liam was on his way down the stairs. Luke said "See, I just used my heat vision again!"

3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

They are so much fun to be around. It was a great weekend and we all really had a great time. We'll have to see if Luke's "heat vision" works again.

The Beckstroms said...

Ok, is Luke the funniest kid ever? His imagination kills me. I love his super power and hope he keeps putting it to good use. Keep us updated on when he uses his 'heat vision'.

The Beckstroms said...

We were looking at all the pictures and on the merry go round pic Caroline said, 'he's a big boy' about Luke and Liam. and then she said, "That's my cousins". It was really sweet and it made me think I don't want them to get any bigger while we're gone! Selfish, I know.