Tuesday, October 13, 2009

At least there was lots and lots of corn

When Andrew asked what we were doing when he arrived home from school, I told him that we were going to the corn maze down at Thanksgiving Point. He sat there for a minute and then asked, "Is it the one that has the big picture of Martin Luther King or something like that?" I said, "It is actually Larry H. Miller, but yes, that is the one." He looked really nervous and said he didn't want to go. I asked him why and he said that it was too big and what if we got lost? I told him that we would just have to sleep there and we'd be in a corn field so we wouldn't get hungry.

That was probably the wrong thing to tell him.

We did have a TON of fun. There is so much to do there...jumping pillows, slides, you can practice your lasso skills, a mechanical bull, go carts, greased pig races...the list goes on and on.

We hung out and enjoyed the activities for a while and then decided to try our abilities in the maze. On the way to the entrance, my dad told Andrew that he knew a guy that went into a corn maze and didn't come out for two days...but he was okay in the end. Thanks dad.

There were two entrances...one leading to an easier one and one leading to PHASE 2. Justin went straight for that one and I questioned him but he said this was going to be a piece of cake. The girl manning the booth said it would take 35 minutes to go through the maze and Justin gave me the all knowing look of "See, I'm right, it won't be that bad" and we headed in. And further in. And further in.

I was an anxious wreck at the beginning because I don't like being lost and the boys were running all over the place and I didn't want them getting lost while I was lost because how do you find someone while you are lost yourself? Andrew was holding my hand asking me what happens if the maze closes and we are still in there...I told him that they wouldn't let that happen and that they make sure everyone is out before it closes and they won't make us sleep here. That calmed him down but after we were in the maze for a while he kept commenting that he can't believe that we are going to be in here until Tuesday and he doesn't want to miss school.

Luckily we figured out where the exit was before it closed and had plenty of time to enjoy more of the festivities. I am not sure how far we were into the maze, but I think we made it to Larry's eyebrows.

The boys shot pumpkins out of a cannon, we saw a huge pumpkin tower, sat by a fire...it was such a fun, fun night.











This is me telling Justin to smile...he said he was

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad that you weren't lost for too long!!

The Winegar's said...

I'm glad that we didn't get lost either. I was a little worried that we wouldn't get out of there too. The fire pit was cozy. We both need one.

The Beckstroms said...

Andrew reminds me of myself being concerned...sounds a little like his mom too. I love that he thought it all through and was mumbling "I'm not going to make it to school" That is hilarious. Your coat looks darling! I think I will borrow it, oh wait, I am 2,000 miles away. maybe someday!