Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taking one for the team

Andrew came into the kitchen this morning with a small box of nerds and asked if he could have them. I asked him where he found them and he said he had been playing in my closet and found them. Weird.

I then had to look for something in my closet and noticed one of my huge bags of Halloween candy I had stashed on the very top shelf down on the floor, open, with a couple open wrappers next to it. Weird.

I then asked the boys who did it...even though I had a pretty good idea who had done it. I got multiple "not me's" and finally I said I would withhold treats from their lunches until someone told me the truth. Because really, nothing bothers me more than a big, fat liar. (In this case, it was a skinny boy with a hollow leg).

After a little while of more "not me's", Luke piped up and said: "Mom. I am doing this for Andrew. I didn't get the candy down but I am just saying I did."

I kissed Luke on his cute pudgy lips and told him thank you. And then Andrew finally confessed and we had a good ol' talk about honesty.

What a way to start the morning.

6 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Classic. You handle these situations so well. It's so hard to tell the truth because of the consequences but it's good that they have a mom that makes telling the truth not so bad. And cute Luke being the advocate. Way to help and stick up for your brother.

The Beckstroms said...

Oh dear, Luke is so sweet. They will appreciate that you were calm and composed and will know they can come to you when they have a problem. That's how mom and dad were when I would do stupid stuff, it was always comforting :)

RockinRhoades said...

You raised great sweet boys!

Sandie said...

I love your kids! Miss you, I would like to hear more about your new job! Hope all is well.

Alli grins said...

Cute post, Corinne! You are obviously a great Mom (from teaching them what's right to those treats in their lunches). It's definitely a process, isn't it? Your boys are so stinkin' cute!

Lohra said...

Haha, that's awesome. I never would have taken a hit like that for any of my brothers and sisters.