Thursday, October 29, 2009

Disgustingly delicious

 This year I just could not get motivated enough to plan the Halloween dinner party I have had for the last couple years. Total bummer.

I don't know, I think I was tired, too many darn things at night with football practice and games and then the lovely place called work kept beckoning to me. Really, can't a money tree just up and grow in my backyard?

So tonight I cooked a delightful dinner for my family complete with Halloween fare. And if I do say so myself, it was muy delicioso.

I am not the best at taking food pictures, but I will post some anyway.

The dinner menu:

Ghost soup (Cauliflower Soup)




Witches broomsticks (breadsticks snipped at the ends before baking to look like broomsticks)



Fungus salad with toenails, scabs, dandruff, and used bandaids (A delicious salad recipe my mother in law gave me)




Putrid punch (This is what it is really called)




And for dessert we had:
Dirt cake



and

Candy Corn jello
The picture that I took was too dark... but I promise it was super cute. It was a yellow layer on the bottom, a white layer in the middle, and an orange layer on the top. I could eat jello all day everyday. I love it.

No, there was no kitty litter cake this year. Although I could probably eat that every day as well.

Yay for Halloween and all of the fun food ideas!






3 comments:

The Winegar's said...

Looks goulishly delicious! I think the dirt cake is a good change. I bet the boys loved it all.

Adrianne said...

looks like so much fun! Oh what I wouldn't give for some Ghost soup right now!! yumm!!!!

The Beckstroms said...

Those are such good ideas! I am glad that we didn't miss the party this year. The candy corn jello sounds way cute, I'll have to try that next year. Thanks for so many good ideas! I need the soup recipe!